Hey, I'm going to Boston tomorrow and I was going to get some Seymour Duncan Basslines for my Squier P-Bass, and as well as getting the split coil, I was wondering if I can get a Jazz pickup, and have somebody route the body and have it put in.

Is that very possible or difficult?

Also I was going to buy a Jazz neck, but that's pretty straightforward right?
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Those modifications would definitly be cheaper then getting a new bass. Call your local luthier or wherever you'd get it done and make sure they would do it though.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by DesolationRow0
i'd just buy one of these if i were you:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-P-Bass-Special-4String-Bass-?sku=515201

theyre great....

to have all the modifications you want would be expensive, not to mention a major pain in the ass...

Yeah, but another bass is awkward, and I want to keep this one as it's my first one.

And I can't see the total coming to over $600, plus a harcase and shipping.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
It would be a pain and not very good, as the jazz pup requires a much thinner slot than the precision. Admitedly, the pickguard should cover it.

If you are going to buy a jazz neck as well, why not just sell/exchange your precission so you can get a jazz then buy the Seymore Duncans?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
^^You also have to take into acount that It's a real Fender, not a squire. And that Item Ships free. And rewiring any guitar is a pain in the ass.
Trust me, the money you spend towards routing a Jazz pup into your Precision, buying a Jazz neck and buying new pups would be better spent on buying a better Jazz-type bass. Because it seems that's what you really really want!
Quote by gm jack
It would be a pain and not very good, as the jazz pup requires a much thinner slot than the precision. Admitedly, the pickguard should cover it.

If you are going to buy a jazz neck as well, why not just sell/exchange your precission so you can get a jazz then buy the Seymore Duncans?

I think he wanted to add a Jazz pup to make it like a P-J style
maybe im wrong tho

The jazz neck wouldnt be too hard to get, and a cheap one costs about 200.
You can get Seymour Quarterpound Basslines for Precision for 65, idk about a jazz pup

Thats only 265 there, rewiring isnt a horrible experience (I've done it--its not bad) and getting someone to rout a slot for the J pup shouldnt be too much either. I'd say get the mods, not a new bass.
In that case, your biggest worry is the finish, which can't easily be covered if the routing damages it. Shouldn't be to hard.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1