Strange question, but I need an answer. My dad says that I can't get one because the insurance on them is like $400 a month. I really just don't think that he wants to get me one, so I need confirmation. (Google didn't help)
They will be rather high. How old are you? Have you had any accidents in the past? There are lots of factors.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Its going to be around that, espicially if its your first car I pay about $100 a month for an old Audi sedan. Personally after 1969/early70 the vette went donwhill, until the C5 came out, still a nice car though. Make sure you know some things about cars if you're gtting one that old, carburators can be a bitch sometimes. Anyways if you can afford a vette that old, why don't you look at used BMW's from the 90's? Cheaper to keep running, perform better (technology is great), most likely cheaper ot insure (even if its an M3), just not as good looking. Other good options are 90's-00's Mustangs and Cameros, early 90's Porsche 944 (insurance will be about as bad as the vette, but its a better car). Just don't get anything FWD if you can spend that much money.
how old are you? <18: $4000/year <21: 3000/year >25: $1500/year (only estimates, plus it varies on what type of insurance you get, and your driving history)
I would not worry so much about insurance (you can insure it as your dad's weekend "toy" for much less) as gas and upkeep. Old cars DO NOT run well on new gas, and the Corvette never got good gas mileage to begin with. You can either fill it up with crap gas, costing god knows how much depending on where you live, and have it run like crap, get about 8 mpg, and after a few months, die OR you can buy premium gas and dump a full can of octane booster (an extra $5 or so) in every tank, get maybe 12-15 mpg (if you drive nice) and have it run like it's back in '71. Either way, this will all cost an assload of money (my guess is $5k-$8k a year) JUST FOR GAS. Trust me, you can get just as fast a car for much less, and it will be much more reliable and efficient. I say look into Toyota MR2s, I love mine to death and it beats some of the Vette's at Autocross.
-PLAIDOCASTER
-Ibanez Iceman Bass (Sunburst)
-Nonack Special Mk. II (Blood Red Mahogany/ Natural Binding)
-Fretless Soundgear (Color Shift Purple/Blue/Red/Orange)
-Pearl Export 5 pc. Drumset (Black)
Quote by NONACK
I would not worry so much about insurance (you can insure it as your dad's weekend "toy" for much less) as gas and upkeep. Old cars DO NOT run well on new gas, and the Corvette never got good gas mileage to begin with. You can either fill it up with crap gas, costing god knows how much depending on where you live, and have it run like crap, get about 8 mpg, and after a few months, die OR you can buy premium gas and dump a full can of octane booster (an extra $5 or so) in every tank, get maybe 12-15 mpg (if you drive nice) and have it run like it's back in '71. Either way, this will all cost an assload of money (my guess is $5k-$8k a year) JUST FOR GAS. Trust me, you can get just as fast a car for much less, and it will be much more reliable and efficient. I say look into Toyota MR2s, I love mine to death and it beats some of the Vette's at Autocross.

Insurance fraud for the win?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Oh yes indeedy!
-PLAIDOCASTER
MR2sFTW! *attempts high five*
-PLAIDOCASTER
my 76 corvette's about $230 a month
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested