i baught a thing so i can hoo my guitar up to my computer. a lil thing that goes on the end of the cord so it hooks up to the mic place in my computer. but when i hook it up, theres no sound...why? how cna i fix this?? i checked everything on the volume control. everything all the way up except the bass boost, but that just makes stuff sound like crap. and everything on the volume control, center, and microphone is checked. all the input stuff or whatever. nothing on mute...please help!!!!!!!!!!!
grammar help, pleeeeease
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
is it in the right input? if not, that's pretty embarrassing
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
you cant just plug your guitar into your computer you need to buy an ASIO or digital box with a sound card, like the m-audio delta 66 or something that you can run your amp through. either that or buy amplitube 1 or 2 then you will hear your guitar
Quote by imnotcommunist
lets make an emo song!!
first play same 2 power chords over and over
have a breakdown every 10 seconds
cry and whimper
dont forget the hair over one eye
and the depressing lyrics on how your teddy bear died!
My adapter for that did the same problem. You have to have the lead cable not completely in, perhaps 1cm out and wobble it around till you hear sound. Just put it in so it can be easily pulled out and play around with positions.
sorry for my grammar.

and yes its in the right input. the pink one with the lil picture of the mic right?
you could try the line in instead of the mic plug
Quote by imnotcommunist
lets make an emo song!!
cry and whimper
Quote by RJMan
you cant just plug your guitar into your computer you need to buy an ASIO or digital box with a sound card, like the m-audio delta 66 or something that you can run your amp through. either that or buy amplitube 1 or 2 then you will hear your guitar

I plug mine straight through the computer.
Quote by Lead guitarist
I plug mine straight through the computer.

the way i interpreted this was that he was not even using an amp, just plugging his guitar directly into his computer but i guess i read it wrong
Quote by imnotcommunist
lets make an emo song!!
cry and whimper
its not an adapter...its like... (guitar cord) ====|__|--- the thick line is the guitar cord, the silver part of it is in a very small thingy, and at the end of the small thing is the plug to hook up to the mic input. i hope you can understand that...my vocabs not that big...so i really suck at explaining things...but please dont try to correct me and all that, TRY to understand. please!!!!
and yeah, im not using an amp...just a converty thing...i dunno what its called!! im sorry!!!
Quote by RJMan
the way i interpreted this was that he was not even using an amp, just plugging his guitar directly into his computer but i guess i read it wrong

sweet you sigged me!
I know what ur trying to do--in fact, I'm doing what youre trying with my bass right now.

It seems u have a 1/4" to 1/8th" adaptor (1/4 being a guitar cord and 1/8 being the kind of cord used on headphones, like iPod phones).

Sounds like you got it connected right--the small side of the adaptor goes into the pink plug of the computer, the other to the guitar.
Open the sound mixer on your computer (volume control, sound options, soemthing like that) and make sure the slider for Microphone is all the way up and that the mute button is unchecked. Also make sure none of the other mute buttons are checked.

If nothing works at this point, repost and I'll see what I can do
yeah, thats what i was saying. everythings un muted and all the way up...thats why im confused.
In the volume adjustment window, try goin to optoins>prperties and selecting recording--or if its already on recording, select playback. Make sure everything there is up too.

Also, you might try turning on mike boost--under the Mic input on the Recording volume box, theres an advanced button. Turn on the boost and see what happens (this overdrives my card's preamp but it might make yours work)