Does anyone own one of these? How do they compare to an regular Explorer?
well they have a smaller body so it's a bit easier to handle than the regular explorer. i think it's overall sound is "smoother" than a regular explorer but that was probably just the pickups or something it's so much sexier too
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
do you have a retailer near you because you should really try it
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
I know someone owns one.. A yellow one, and it's lefty but I can't think of who it is.. Someone with an Orange amp I think.

They look nicer without the pickgaurd but apart from that I'm not much help. If I remember who has the yellow one I'll reply back.
it's smaller and lighter. In pictures it doesn't look that much smaller but it's feels much smaller. Soundwise. It's basically the same. Tad bit brighter, not even really noticeable (but then again, mine has a maple top although it could very well be the smaller and therefore stiffer body).

2nd pic is taken with the pro inside the explorer case for size reference

damn thats a nice top
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
thanks, i'm very pleased with the guitar overall. looks as well as sound.
how much was it?
I am thinking of getting one or a white one with the ebony fretboard
how much was it?
I am thinking of getting one or a white one with the ebony fretboard

I think most places are selling it for around 1169 USD

I prefer the classic shape.

I like the larger one myself feel wise, although, don't knock the pro til you've tried it. Having a bound fretboard (with the binding over the fret ends) is pretty nice. If I could get a full size with the flame top in that color with the binding and maybe even trapezoid inlay's I'd be in like flynn.
I make no assumptions, seen too many people with gibson/fender/lespaul/strat in their name who don't seem to play them, haha.
Damn, the flame top one was the one that caught my eye shortly after i made the first post. How does it play?? I really want one of those now!!!
Plays great. Fast and smooth. My running joke with some of my friends when I got it was that it wanted to play faster than I did. But in fairness, it's very similar to a regular explorer, jsut feels a little smaller and lighter. I have less of a tendency to want to whack the tailfin into stuff, doesn't feel like it's sticking out as far, although it also doesn't feel quite as nicely balanced as the other one (not that it's badly balanced). I dropped the pickups on both and they both have a growling, biting kind of sound that gives a real kick to anything I play overdriven rather than sounding like a nest of angry bees.