Ive figured out that playing (tuned eadgbe) you can make your guitar sound like a sitar by playing frets on your high e and plucking both the e's with your thumb and index finger or playing open d and playing notes on g (like in the beginning of "history" by tenacious d) also makes it sound like a sitar if you play enugh hammer ons and pulloffs.

Pretty cool on making intros and such.
Quote by Allahblues
Lavaticus 3:14, "So Moses went to class with some no name **** brand and totally started wailin on it. So I challenged him to a guitar duel and totally smoked his ass, he went home crying then everyone was all like OH YOUR SO AWESOME SEX ME."
wow your bands myspace is horrible dude...
you honestly need to find a new passion in life..
^No need for flaming man...warned.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
I think you just discovered the concept of "drone strings". Pretty common in Eastern music, and they sound cool, yeah. Sitars sound totally different though, what with the sympathetic strings and the totally different resonant properties to a regular 6-string acoustic.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^
Quote by Sharp Rhythm
wow your bands myspace is horrible dude...
you honestly need to find a new passion in life..

We arent trying to make breakthrough ****, its just fun to play chord progressions while your puberty-less friends improvise lyrics.
Quote by Allahblues
Lavaticus 3:14, "So Moses went to class with some no name **** brand and totally started wailin on it. So I challenged him to a guitar duel and totally smoked his ass, he went home crying then everyone was all like OH YOUR SO AWESOME SEX ME."
I remember thinking the same thing a few years ago. After a while you wise up to what a sitar actually sounds like. This was around the same time I thought the Harmonic Minor scale sounded 'egyptian'. Good job on exploring though!
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.