they both have so many great comments, who's to know... which one is more versatile as an overdrive pedal where tone is the priority but extra umph/gain is really appreciated also??
all i know is that ocds have a gritty touch to them, and they have no midrange boost.

just to save R_H_C_P's input, go w/eand try them.
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
There's a thing on the ocd.... the tone knob. It give a mid boost. Especially if you're on HP mode, which by definition, gives a mid boost.

The OCD is closer to a distortion than the fulldrive, but the full drive is very fat sounding.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
They're totally different. The OCD is transparent, is very versatile, and seriously, takes any fender amp and adds a bit of marshall/orange style OD to it. Its not mid heavy, and the tone can totally change your tone with it. I love mine, but i have a Tube Screamer as well.

The Fulldrive is a Tube Screamer copy with a few mods, such as compression reduction and mid contour capabilities. It does its thing too. Havent played one, but i heard one live, and it sounded pretty nice. I didnt think it was that much better than my stock TS-9.

Try them.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
there is also the fulltone distortion pedal. that looks nice.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

*Is silent*
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
*Is silent*

And the world turned a deathly pale blue.
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
so has anyone heard both of them? also, it will be used in front of a marshall jcm800. I don't won't anything resembling a distortion pedal... ugh that leaves a bad taste in my mouth , and don't reply "you have a marshall.. whats wrong with its overdrive?", because this is to compliment my amp not take the place of it.
i have a 900 and i was debating between the two, but ended up getting the fulldrive. sounds amazing on my amp
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Fulldrive all the way. One of the guys I jam with owns both. The OCD is very much a distortion pedal. The Fulldrive is basically a tubescreamer (aka, huge mid boost) on steroids with a switchable boost.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
But saying the OCD is a distortion pedal shouldn't really make you look away.

It's not like those crappy metalzone pedals or anyway, I still see the OCD as an overdrive pedal rather than a distortion pedal.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
so is it an overdrive or distortion... I' m sure that there is some great sounding distortion pedals but I'd like to stick to overdrivish sounds... with balls.
I'm not saying the OCD is a bad pedal, its good for runnign into a clean tube amp, something fenderish. But if its gonna be put in front of a Marshall to give it soem more character, than the Fulldrive is the pedal he's lookign for.
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
The fulldrive is very trasnparent, doesn't have much gain. Personally, it doesn't have enpugh gain for me. Can't realy get to zeppelin area and that kind of stuff. I didn't play The OCD though. Take a look at maxon pedals, I'd recommend the ROD881 if you want something extremely versatile (I'm kind of biased, but this is true). But the fulltones are awesome pedals.
Gear:

Guitar:
2007 MIJ telecaster

Amp:
Fender Blues Junior

Effects:
Fulltone 69'
Maxon ROD881

Member #1 of the Telecaster Alliance

Founder of the MIJ Headcourt
PM me to join
Yeah, but it has alot of linear gain, as in a volume boost. It'll give character, which is what he's looking for. He doesn't want something to dominate the tone, he just wants more balls. What gives more balls to a Marshall than a tubescreamer on steroids with a footswitchable boost built in?
Last edited by The_Marshall_Gu at Jul 3, 2007,
ok, thanks for the help, I think I got a pretty good idea now what they're goina sound like.
Heres a clip of what the Fulldrive can do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MxnhHrgpdo&mode=related&search=
And here's a clip of the OCD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-nBrpk6zac&mode=related&search=
Hope that helps.
Sure if he's looking for something to push the marshall it'll be great. Just the right thing. BTW, the boost on the vintage and FM doesn't realy does much.
Gear:

Guitar:
2007 MIJ telecaster

Amp:
Fender Blues Junior

Effects:
Fulltone 69'
Maxon ROD881

PM me to join
I find the fullrive way better as a booster than a stand alone unit, this is what he's supposed to be. This is what the TS wants (I can't remember who that was), so it will be perfect.
Gear:

Guitar:
2007 MIJ telecaster

Amp:
Fender Blues Junior

Effects:
Fulltone 69'
Maxon ROD881

PM me to join