Well I am writing my own lil solo just for practise really. My problem has come when I am using Economy picking and I need to do a pinch harmonic on an upstroke. For me I find this incredibly hard, anyone got any good techniques for upstroke pinch harmonics ?

I am currently trying to do the same action as I would with a down stroke but using my index finger to touch the string. This is proving very tough and seems very un-natural to me.
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
try bringing your middle finger in right behind the upstroke, sorta hugging your index finger or even resting next to the index finger toward the inside of the hand
Carvin DC-135
PRS SE Soapbar II

Vox AD30VT

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Dunlop Crybaby

Member #3 of the Carvin Club (PM MESAexplorer to join)
just do it on the downstroke.

don't worry to much about economy picking get used to it but dont follow it exclusively.
dude upstoke pinch harmonics sound difficult. im interested to know how to do it now too. if you find something that works post it.

lol sorry for not being any help at all though
Quote by Zeus2716
On a seperate occasion, i learned that the diner frowns upon building anatomicaly correct sculptures out of their chicken fingers, onion rings and pickles.
Quote by Deviant1853
Well I am writing my own lil solo just for practise really. My problem has come when I am using Economy picking and I need to do a pinch harmonic on an upstroke. For me I find this incredibly hard, anyone got any good techniques for upstroke pinch harmonics ?

I am currently trying to do the same action as I would with a down stroke but using my index finger to touch the string. This is proving very tough and seems very un-natural to me.

i do them just how you said, it just took a lot more practice than when i learned to do them on a downstroke
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
I can do them on an upstroke on the low e string. I'll have my index and middle finger on, but i'll touch the string with my middle finger.

I actually learned how to do them that way!
Are you getting a healthy amount of fibre?
Well after playing around for the last 15 mins the only way I can do it requires me to change my whole finger stance on the pick. Which in the middle of a solo isnt really adequate.

I'll keep working on it tomorrow since this is bugging me. It isnt 100% nessicary I can always write around it so I will get the harmonic on a downstroke instead or just bodge the economy picking, but there is a certain rhythm to it which is why you get the speed out of it.
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
They are blooming hard on the up pick, and on the off beat.

Billy Gibbons (ZZ top) is the absolute founder of the pinch harmonic for me !..hes my master of harmonics lol