Page 1 of 2
I need to widen my horizons of progressive bands....

So tell me all the ones you know

i know:
Tool
Opeth
Dream Theater
Queensryche
Pink Floyd
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Rush, Genesis, Symphony X, ELP, King Crimson, Porcupine Tree, The Nice, Yes, Traffic, Marillion, Frank Zappa, Can, Soft Machine, (that bastard) Rick Wakeman.
Tiger style.
rush is prog? add that to my "have" list....
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Kid Fisto
rush is prog? add that to my "have" list....

kansas and emerson, lake, and palmer are technically prog as well. old genesis, and i'm repeating ayreon. disturbingly underrated and unheard-of band, but they're masters of prog. human equation and electric castle in particular are awesome, though i personally recommend listening to their albums in order (one of the earlier ones has a tie-in to human equation).
Quote by 6DOIT
Liquid Tension Experiment

i said dream theater, LTE is included there.

but i do need more, correct.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
^ depite the fact that 3 dt members are in lte, they are definately NOT the same band. lte is much more jazzy. planet x perhaps? it's the band sherinian started after he left dt, and its pretty good. Fates Warning, Tiamat, Pain of Salvation, Shadow Gallery, Electric Light Orchestra, Age of Nemesis, Meshuggah, Wintersun. Those should keep you happy a while. And don't you dare forget ayreon! I know, this is the third time i've said them, but they're one of my favorite bands
Quote by Nightfyre
^ depite the fact that 3 dt members are in lte, they are definately NOT the same band. lte is much more jazzy. planet x perhaps? it's the band sherinian started after he left dt, and its pretty good. Fates Warning, Tiamat, Pain of Salvation, Shadow Gallery, Electric Light Orchestra, Age of Nemesis, Meshuggah, Wintersun. Those should keep you happy a while. And don't you dare forget ayreon! I know, this is the third time i've said them, but they're one of my favorite bands

aight, the three songs i have from LTE sound much like dream theater. but yeah, more jazzy is true.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Symphony X
Porcupine Tree
Rush
Mastodon
Nevermore
Last edited by Saintsatan at Jul 5, 2007,
Yes would have to be the greates prog band of all time i think. another good modern one would be Spock's Beard.
Gentle Giant, Yes, (old) Genesis, King Crimson, Porcupine Tree, and Radiohead
definately porcupine tree
Learn to swim....

Αλλη μια πέτρα που κυλά...

[quote="Chris.Rock.Art
"]he's my "friend" he said he wanted me to see. It wasn't an accident...he wants to have sex
Outworld (Rusty Cooley)
My Guitar
>Ibanez RG7620 (7 string)

Originally Posted by Outside Octaves
... ah, the bliss of ignorience!
Jethro Tull, Steve Vai, King Crimson and Dream Theatre. I'm sure they've been mentioned, but eh.
Gentle Giant
Mats and Morgan band
Van der Graaf Generator
Camel
King Crimson
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
Checkout Magic Elf.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Like to Recommend the Devin Townsend Band, and if you havent done it yet Porcupine Tree urself up pronto
Dixie Dregs, Pain of Salvation, Riverside. Most of the ones I know have already been mentioned.
EDIT Wait, has Pink Floyd been said? Oh, and The Velvet Underground
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Last edited by Caressing Death at Oct 22, 2007,
It seems that all the amazing ones have all been mentioned, but they deserve repeating.

Rush
Porcupine Tree!!!!
Pain of Salvation
Ayreon
Megadeth (technically metal, but fair amount of prog in the mix and I think you'd like them)
King Crimson
Fates Warning

sounds exactly like my music tastes a few months ago before I expanded my horizons to all the aforementioned bands.
Page 1 of 2