i just bought a pair of ernie ball hybrid slinkys. the hybrids are the acoustic or electric kind. i was wondering if they would work for any stlye of music on an electric guitar?
schecter S-1 elite
burstbucker pros
boss mt-2 metal zone
dunlop wylde wah
DR tite fit strings
fender pro junior
tex mex stratocaster
ibanez tubescreamer
they're strings, they vibrate, they work.

strings are more about feel than tone anyway.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
super slinkyz are teh best strings out there!
guitars: G&L Legacy USA, Peavey Rotor EXP, Squier affinity strat.

amps: Peavey Bandit 112

Effects: DF-7 distortion factory, Crybaby wah(gcb-95)
Quote by w3ird_people
super slinkyz are teh best strings out there!

Thats an opinion. Not fact.

They should work, but if you find you don't like them, or somethings not quite right, try another set or brand. Alot of people don't realize the effect strings have on your sound, same with picks and picking style.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
So true

I think i'm becoming more a fan of EB strings now. I've been switching around latley for the heck of it and nothing seems to sound as good as EB's.
Quote by Silky Smooth
So true

I think i'm becoming more a fan of EB strings now. I've been switching around latley for the heck of it and nothing seems to sound as good as EB's.

I've tried a few and they just don't seem to last as long, or sound as good, as d'addario. But its my opinion, coupled with what works for my EQ settings, amp, and general tone.

hybrid are amazing they have the DAE of regular yet the EBG of lights, i use them because light DAE make my strings rattle so i love em
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by zekk
Thats an opinion. Not fact.

They should work, but if you find you don't like them, or somethings not quite right, try another set or brand. Alot of people don't realize the effect strings have on your sound, same with picks and picking style.

i'll agree with you on picks and picking style, but i've never heard a difference from strings.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by gpderek09
i'll agree with you on picks and picking style, but i've never heard a difference from strings.

Try going from roundwound to half or flatwound, or from standard nickel wound to pure nickel, or from 8's to 13's. Theres a definite difference.

True, but I've never heard any tonal difference between EB .9 Gauge and, say, D'Addario .9 Gauge. It's all about wear and playability.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
True, but I've never heard any tonal difference between EB .9 Gauge and, say, D'Addario .9 Gauge. It's all about wear and playability.

Some people can, some can't. I find d'addario have a more alive, tone, slightly brighter I guess, and last longer.

I find the d'addarios to have a harder feel to them on the fingers. While the EB's feel much softer.
Quote by bartdevil_metal

which was more my point.

anyway, i usually go with DR because they're the cheapest, but now that wal mart carries gibson strings, i just use them so i don't have to drive as far to get strings.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Well, there's really a difference between Ernie Ball and D'Addario strings of the same gauge. EB's are more elastic and have a less... clearer sound, while D'Addario's are tighter and harder to play, but have more tonal definition and last much longer.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
If you have a floating trem or floyd you can see the difference in the string brands quite well. D's always pull up on my bridge a bit more then EB's.

Same gauges too
ya cause im using them on my strat right now and they seem to play really nice. i use low gauge .9 because of easier bends and just easier feel.
schecter S-1 elite
burstbucker pros
boss mt-2 metal zone
dunlop wylde wah
DR tite fit strings
fender pro junior
tex mex stratocaster
ibanez tubescreamer
Quite a few of the strings brands are made in the same factory, anyway, yeah they should be fine, it's a very personal choice.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
Quite a few of the strings brands are made in the same factory, anyway, yeah they should be fine, it's a very personal choice.

Its generally cheaper brands, such as Gibby brand and GHS Boomers (two of the worst brands of strings I've ever tried. ((IMO)))