View poll results: Gibson SG Standard Or Fender American stratocaster
Gibson SG Standard
39 58%
Fender American Stratocaster
28 42%
Voters: 67.
Gibson SG Standard and Fender American stratocaster
witch one would you choose???
the SG, I already have a perfectly acceptable strat copy (and an SG but I just love SGs so much more)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
go with the Sg in my opinion i just don't like strats and i played a SG once it had a good feel to it
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
it depends what you are palying the strat cant really play metal as well at the sg but the sg is better over all compared the the strat cuz people in country bands use the sg and so do hardcore bands.
[img]http://files.redvsblue.com/web/images/comic/RT_Comic_Ep103_Moron.jpg[/img]

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Go with the Stratocaster. American strats are awesome, and are more versatiale than SG's.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Depends on wat your playing if your plaing hendrixy stuff or like funky stuff ex. RHCP go with the strat. If your going with more metal with little or no tremelo bar go with the SG
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
i mostly play hard rock (acdc, greenday, Led Zeppelin, guns & roses) but every now and then play some clean
init we already know what your going to say......look at your display picture

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
sg
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
SG since it's one of my favorites (I have one) and since I hate Fenders.
......dude i dont mean to be totally commenting on this post lots but we didnt really need to know that. maybe if you gave us details why its grea that would be better for everyone else whose actually intrestad in this.

Quote by AC/DC YAYA
i mostly play hard rock (acdc, greenday, Led Zeppelin, guns & roses) but every now and then play some clean

If you're an ACDC fan, go with the SG.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Go for the strat !.....AC/DC stuff can come later..

Hendrix, clapton, SRV is more important than a few riffs.
I like SGs better, it depends on each person really.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
I have an SG Standard and a MIJ HSS Strat. They are so different but both are necessary to cover rock and roll. Everyone needs: A Strat, an SG and a 335.
i personally would go with the strat, but if youre gonna be playing what you said you would, you are an SG man.
go with whatever u feel is good for you. they both are excellent guitars. me personally i like Fenders, the Tremelo Bar and the guitar is very playable for most geners
Quote by DieKrupps
Go for the strat !.....AC/DC stuff can come later..

Hendrix, clapton, SRV is more important than a few riffs.

A hot single coil in the bridge can do AC/DC with the right amp.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Threadstarter, you went about this the wrong way. You should have asked, "What guitar should I get?" not "What guitar would you get?"

For your taste, I'd hands down recomend you get the SG, and I think most people will agree.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I'd take the SG, but this is coming from the guy who thinks Les Pauls are overrated...and overpriced.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Try them both out, why should we choose for you when you can just go to a few shops and you can do it yourself.

But it completely depends on what sounds you're going for.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30