I'm borrowing my friends Vox AD30VT and I really like it, mostly because my amp is a complete piece of crap.

But the point is if I want an amp and am looking for one for about that much. Does anyone have any suggestions for a better amp in that range? Thanks!

BTW: I have a Gibson Les Paul double-cut with P-90's.
Ocarina of Time = Best Game Ever
Well, as long as you are not into metal that much, the AD30VT should work. I traded my AD50VT for a Roland Cube 60, and I find that I like the Roland a lot better than the Vox, but thats me. The Roland can handle just about as much as the Vox can, but the Roland has the metal advantage.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
I guess a couple key points you left out. Tell us what your using it for, what kind of music you play and how experinced you are. After that it will be easier to further advise you.
The AD is good for everything but the heaviest metal. Excellent vintage amp models for your jazz to blues to hard rock needs.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
THEY SUCK i have a fiver watter the effects suck but its alright for practice NOTHING ELSE.
if you have a gibson with P90s...
one thing about soapbars- they BEG for some Class A/B tube amplification
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Quote by The_Clap
THEY SUCK i have a fiver watter the effects suck but its alright for practice NOTHING ELSE.
if you have a gibson with P90s...
one thing about soapbars- they BEG for some Class A/B tube amplification

Are you seriously comparing the 5 watt to the 50!?! First of all the 5 watt has one tone control. The three band upgrade alone gives you tons more options. The 50 also is an actual hybrid, which I'll admit isn't all its cracked up to be, buts its still significantly better. Don't compare the two. The DA5 has a battery for heaven's sake!

I would suggest to him to get a tube as well, but he said he has a price range. So this is probably hit best bet. Especially with P90s. Not a heavy pickup.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by zorched
Are you seriously comparing the 5 watt to the 50!?! First of all the 5 watt has one tone control. The three band upgrade alone gives you tons more options. The 50 also is an actual hybrid, which I'll admit isn't all its cracked up to be, buts its still significantly better. Don't compare the two. The DA5 has a battery for heaven's sake!

I would suggest to him to get a tube as well, but he said he has a price range. So this is probably hit best bet. Especially with P90s. Not a heavy pickup.

and that is enough for a VJ and the VJ cab
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Quote by The_Clap

It is, but its not as versatile. I guess its up to him, but I would think that at this stage he'd want some more options.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
I don't expect to play any shows with it. I'm a decent player but I haven't played in a long time. Just now getting back in to it and I mostly play for fun. I do like some metal but I realize that my guitar isn't right for that so getting an amp that isn't the best for some hardcore ish doesn't really bother me.. I don't really have one style I play, I like a lot of different kinds of music so I'd like something that's pretty versatile. There's nothing else in the price range that really compares??

Quote by The_Clap

I'd like to keep my options open though. What's a VJ/VJ cab? How does it compare to the Vox in price and quality? Basically if you could just describe what it is and what it's better for/worse than the Vox for, that would be great... You guys have been very helpful. Thanks!
Ocarina of Time = Best Game Ever
Quote by NaStYJoSe

I'd like to keep my options open though. What's a VJ/VJ cab? How does it compare to the Vox in price and quality? Basically if you could just describe what it is and what it's better for/worse than the Vox for, that would be great... You guys have been very helpful. Thanks!

The Valve Junior is a 5 watt, class A tube amp made by Epiphone. Its a pretty good amp, especially for the price, but it just got a volume knob. Not to say it can't manage some good tones, but I just don't think it would suit you very well. Its a clean amp so you either need to turn it way up (above practice levels) or buy an overdrive pedal to get much else out of it (at least thats how I understand it).
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Last edited by zorched at Jul 3, 2007,
i dunno. i find the vox just fine for metal. its got an interesting voice that i enjoy on the US hi gain setting and funny enough.. on the numetal as well. heh. cubes are good too. I enjoy both of the series for the extreme metal that i do.

I'm curious to see that new series of vox thats coming... the XL i think?

EDIT:

and above both of those.. i'd rather get the VJ with a nice little marshall 1x12.. and toss a nice pedal in front of it.

quick question whats the stree value on a marshall 1913? i seen one in my local shop for $315 or so. is this a ripoff or no?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Jul 3, 2007,
my first impression of the Cube 60 was amaizing , so had to buy some1 a fun , small , nice metal sounding amp ill buy the cube 60 . I have no Expierance with vox sadly .
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
The VJ is a great sounding bargain tube amp. You will need a distortion pedal and maybe a reverb pedal.
if you're not gonna do much metal, the ad30vt is definitely the way to go. otherwise i'd say the roland, and the vox isn't terrible for metal, it's just that the cube is incredible for metal. i say get the vox, its a solid amp that i highly recommend.