Well, in a little less than a month I'm getting an Ibanez S Prestige guitar, and I read about the trem. Are the ball bearings a gimmick? Or do they REALLY work? I would imagine that they do, but since I haven't tried it...yeah...
YES THEY DO!!
those trems are like magic!!
lucky guy man

Originally Posted by Outside Octaves
INot calling that form crappy as in a deruagatory term, but that slow lilting blues, that gives off the feeling of just being in the crapper

They do work. I've wanted an S series Ibanez for ages, but can't afford one. Lucky bastard!
Inhuman evil take down!
They actually work. A marketing gimmick that actually works.
Amazing, isn't it.
Try it, it's amazing.
Quote by jake911
I think you have to give the balls some care too.

Yes, cradle them... Well, if you do lube, careful not to get on guitar, stuff like WD 40 cannot be good for the guitar.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Just to let you know, there is not much point in getting a S Prestige over a regular S.

- They both come with a ZR trem.
- They are both Korean manufactured.
- The pickups on the S Prestige are better than the S but not much. With the money leftover getting a regular S, you can get your own choice of pickups.
- You get a free hardcase with the Prestige but with money left over buying a regular S, you can buy a hardcase.
Quote by jake911
I think you have to give the balls some care too.

Pervert.

And, I disagree. S Prestige are supposedly MIJ, and they are (supposedly) much better than normal S series.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Quote by Mwoit
Just to let you know, there is not much point in getting a S Prestige over a regular S.

- They both come with a ZR trem.
- They are both Korean manufactured.
- The pickups on the S Prestige are better than the S but not much. With the money leftover getting a regular S, you can get your own choice of pickups.
- You get a free hardcase with the Prestige but with money left over buying a regular S, you can buy a hardcase.

Not necessarily
S prestige has higher quality craftmanship, and the guitars look different too.
Which is pretty important because half the idiots here on UG buy guitars for looks.
Quote by Invictious
Not necessarily
S prestige has higher quality craftmanship, and the guitars look different too.
Which is pretty important because half the idiots here on UG buy guitars for looks.

Higher quality KOREAN craftmanship? lol The newer S prestige models are made by the same people who make the regular S series. The differences in the quality are NOT worth the price difference. Unless you absolutely love the available colors/finishes for the Prestige guitars, I'd go with one of the regular S's.

For the price they are selling the S2170 prestiges for, you can buy a JS1000 and not have to swap pups. Or a JS1200 for the same price as a S2170 + new pups.

If it were me, I'd go for the JS1200CA if I were going to spend that much money on a new guitar (and if those were the pickups I'd want). Or spend less on say a S470DXQM red viking quilt top and do pup upgrades.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by fendermustang12
And will I have to do any maintentance on it? Like lubricate the bearings?

I shouldn't think so, the bearings should be sealed.