C#|----------------------------------------|----------------|
G#|----------------------------------------|----------------|
E |-14---10\9---5/14---10\9---5/14---10\9--|-7-9-10---9-----|
B |--x----x\x---x/-x----x\x---x/-x----x\x--|-x-x--x---x-----|
F#|-12----8\7---3/12----8\7---3/12----8\7--|-5-7--8---7-----|
B |----------------------------------------|----------------|

First of all, What heck are these called? and second... How do I play them?
Well first of all I want to ask about the tuning. I've never seen this tuning, so it's rather strange. However, assuming that this is Db standard with drop B I can tell you the following:

What you have tabbed here are octaves. Basically an octave is the same note at a higher pitch. In technical terms these are not chords because they merely contain two notes. But I digress.

I would play them with my index finger on the A string and either my ring finger or pinky on the G string (depending on personal preference. I would them make sure that my index finger was resting against the A string (not holding it down) and therefore muting it.
Its c# isn't it?

I tried doing this... placed my index on the A string my middle on D string[lightly,attempting to mute it] and ring finger on the G string but I keep getting a muted "put put" sound... if anyone can post a video a or pic on how to play octaves all greatly appreciate it... thanks!

Edit: I think I got it I used the lower part of my index to mute the D string.. I think its my distortion thats making these ocatves sound really ****ty
Last edited by saiyuki411 at Jul 3, 2007,
Quote by saiyuki411
Its c# isn't it?

Db and C# are the same thing for most intents and purposes.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.