Hi guys, first post on the forum!

Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question, this is my first guitar assembly. I've just brought a tokai breezysound (MIJ) neck off ebay, and i need to get some tuners for it, but im not sure which ones i need for it? I see there are different styles (Kluson, Grover... etc) but how do i know which ones i need, and how easy is it to adjust the holes to fit other tuners?

p.s. I'm looking to buy from this site: http://www.axesrus.com/axemachine.htm , could anyone recommend me some?

thanks in advance
Hey just look for tuners that are the right size for the holes but if your looking for good tuners then get some schaller locking ones the are the best.
^if you can find schaller tuners. There has been a shortage for about 3 years. Something about their workers going on strike...

If you your guitar is a 3 x 3 then you need to get tuners to match that. If your guitar is 6 in a row, you need to get tuners to match that. All of your big brands (Gohtoh, schaller, grover) fit into the same size hole. Some of your smaller but still well known companies like waverly, us a slightly smaller hole to match the old vintage tuners. Your safest bet is to go with the big ones and then ream the hole if you have to. The cheapenst good tuners are Grovers. To get better tuners than Grover you have to spend quite a bit more money. I used to use schallers a lot but now I can't find them.
Not taking any online orders.
Thanks for the replies guys, i think im gnna go with the grover mini rotomatics, and ream if necessary
Okay, I'm pretty sure the neck has kluson style tuners. The peg holes have screw holes in line with them, whereas the grovers have the screw holes at the bottom. So I'm going for the fender vintage klusons, 'cause i can't be bothered to re drill the holes!
Quote by t3hjames
Okay, I'm pretty sure the neck has kluson style tuners. The peg holes have screw holes in line with them, whereas the grovers have the screw holes at the bottom. So I'm going for the fender vintage klusons, 'cause i can't be bothered to re drill the holes!

You know it's just not that hard to re-drill the holes. Prolly take about a minute if you have a drill press available. Maybe 10 if you don't. The trick is to increase size incrementally, rather than just go straight for the size you need, that way you will not risk cracking the head, or (if you aren't using a drill press) zipping the hole out of alignment.