I already have a good distortion pedal (IMO) and now I'm looking for a good overdrive pedal for some of the softer stuff I play that the Metal Muff cannot pull off.

So far I've heard good things from:
-Ibanez Tubescreamer (theres three different models which one?)
-English Muff'n (Pricey but it sounds goooood)
-Wylde Overdrive (Is this too heavy to pull off some of the softer sounds?)
-Maxon OD-9 (Also quite expensive...)

Whatcha think?
Quote by Inf1n1tY.
you can play great blues with the tubescreamer. TS10 or TS-808

I don't play much blues... I was speaking of more of the more mellow rock stuff
der's no such thing as a ts10 is there?

get the maxon..they built the original tubescreamers or the muff'n...loook at fulltone tooo if you can

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
An Ibanez ts808 or ts9 or a Maxon OD808 or OD9 would be good. Fulltone makes some excellent pedals if you can afford them.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Try the fulltone fulldrive2, it's great for mellow stuff, doesn't have much gain, but you have your distortion for that. if not try the maxon, they make excellent pedals. I heard the muffin' is great too, but I think it's more kind of british sounding, not so mellow like a tubescreamer like circuit (the fulldrive and the maxon), not quite transparent.
Gear:

Guitar:
2007 MIJ telecaster

Amp:
Fender Blues Junior

Effects:
Fulltone 69'
Maxon ROD881

Member #1 of the Telecaster Alliance

Founder of the MIJ Headcourt
PM me to join
That muff'n is incredible, I loved all of the sound clips that I heard. I'd buy it myself if I didn't just get another guitar....I prefer the Muff'n to any TubeScreamer.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite