which guitar is the one for you? The one that you get and use no other guitar for the rest of your life. Post your dream guitar.
Mine is: ESP SV
Custom Shop ESP SV with 3-piece mahogany/walnut neck, mahogany body wings, ebony fingerboard with arrowhead inlays, reverse headstock, OFR, and Seymour Duncan Blackouts or Dimarzio D-sonic/PAF Joe.

EDIT: Oh, and that badass USA Alexi Laiho sig finish, too.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Paul Gilbert Signature model. Coming soon. Hopefully......
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
The guitar you build yourself. I'm 15 and I have already built my own guitar, it was easy(except for the electronics, and the setup, I had to get a professional to do the setup)

If it is a stock guitar it would have to be Carvin
Last edited by Son of a Brit at Jul 3, 2007,
Already got my dream guitar - Ibanez S2120XAV limited run - the one without the ugly squiggle on the 12th fret. Mahogany body, wizard prestige neck, piezo double edge bridge... Pulled the stock pickup and threw a Evolution in the bridge. It rips. Best guitar on the planet.
At the moment, I could play forever on an Ibanez RG2550, or even the Cort I have at the moment, but I haven't seen enough guitars to say for certain which "the" guitar would be.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
Custom done guitar:
7 String, 27inch scale, 24frets, Slim but not too slim(Like a warlock neck) set neck. Fret markers only on the side. On the 12th fret there will however be barbed wire inlay.
4/3 headstock with a sort of ibanez S-series shape.
D'marzio pickups with 3 way selector. 2 volume knobs with push/pull to switch to a single coil. No tone knob.
OFR bridge with a tremol-no and a rockinger black box installed.
Super strat shape with a generous cutaway
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
either the randy rhoads signature or a les paul alpine white
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

the custom gibson les paul that i have sitting in my closet.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
My PRS Custom 24!!!!

~ the early bird gets the worm, but its the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese...
james hetfield's white explorer......
Epiphone les paul
Ibanez bass
Hohner classical

AMPS
Line 6 hd 75 head
Marshal 4x12
Crate 120w combo

light the match.....start the fire
Carvin AE185

Stock with these extras:
Dunlop Straploks
Coil and phase switches
Low wide frets
Mother-of-pearl Block inlays
10" Fretboard Radius
Engraved TrussRod Cover
White White
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i still haven't found "the" guitar for certain, but an Ibanez AR300 with modified circuitry to have series/split/parallel coil switching on both pickups and a phase reversal pot on one of them would be great for me.

Right now, the closest thing to "perfection" that i have is a strat, if i modify the electronics to my own specs it could be pretty damn close to ideal. I'm gonna test it on my squier first though. Also i have a squier custom tele that needs a bit of work, i'm just gonna experiment.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I've definitely narrowed down my guitars to what I'll probably play for the rest of my life. I plan on having several guitars for different proffessional situations... so it's:

Fender Standard Strat (already own)
Tom Anderson Drop Top Classic (already own)
Gibson 335

In my band at the moment I use my Strat as my main guitar, Tom Anderson for the heavier songs as it's got a humbucker, and I want a 335 as they are some of the best rhythm guitars out there. Can't really see myself topping that.
Fender Jaguar HH. But a real Jag thats been modded for humbuckers, not the piece of shiite with no trem.

Reverse headstock, rythm circuit effecting both pickups.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by Pedricko
Fender Jaguar HH. But a real Jag thats been modded for humbuckers, not the piece of shiite with no trem.

Reverse headstock, rythm circuit effecting both pickups.

you like jags? really?

Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
No idea, I'd want somethign along the lines of an alder bodyied thicker version of an Ibanez S series with a maple neck and fretboard HSH pickup config with coil tapping bridge pickup would be a DiMarzio D sonic and neck would be a Breed neck middle would be a HS 3, it'd have a ZR Trem in desert yellow with black hardware.
by the way, punk ninja , i see you use a s470 , how do you like it? i am thinking about getting one. is it a versatile guitar?
Deffinately a Carvin customized to the T, with everything I want. not worrying the cost...

I'm hoping to get a carvin soon, but I'll have to cut back on some options due to lack of funds.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Any sort of original 60s Fender Telecaster. I'm currently saving for a Classic 60s MIM reissue, and a few years on i'll be probably looking into the Fender Custom Shop '63 Tele Relic.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Nibiru
by the way, punk ninja , i see you use a s470 , how do you like it? i am thinking about getting one. is it a versatile guitar?

It's VERY versatile, and a great guitar the trem is perfect, the stock pickups are decent for saying Ibanez dont do the best stock pickups, the neck is amazing the body is comfortable, perfect guitar. But I prefer alder bodies unfortunately.
Quote by Nibiru
a les paul bfg would be nice too..

yeah i like those too... there's just something about them... could never afford one though.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
To tell the truth I have no idea what guitar I would use forever. I'll have to think about that now...
Custom-made ESP V. Think of a "symmetrical" Alexi Laiho ESP.
Alder body with Maple Set-thru neck.
Ebony fretboard with Piranha inlay on 12th fret (a la Jackson).
Black with Chrome bevels.
One volume, one tone Push/Pull. Vol = Bridge, Tone = Neck.
EMG 89/89.
Custom Headstock (think of the Jackson 3-a-side headstock, excep it's 4x2.)

OR

A Horizon MII with Custom Decepticon Graphic.
Same Specs as above minus the bevels.
Custom made Mustiane shaped King V
Set Through Jackson neck (24 Frets) with Piranah inlays
25.5 Scale
Mahogany Body
Seymour Duncan JB(B) / 59(N)
vol/vol/tone toggle
String Through Bridge

All in black
after a lot of searching i am convinced now ,ill get the s470 i think , and change the pickups , thanks punk ninja for answering