so i only have 1 amp, but it has 2 inputs, a normal and an overdrive. And seein how my guitarist doesnt have an amp at home (its at college) i was told to just plug my bass into the normal and the guitar into the overdrive becasue it doesnt distort guitars at lower volumes. The way i figuerd it is im just gonna blow the whole amp out, so i need some input on the sound quality and damage the amp will(will not) suffer if i plug 2 instuments into it. thanks in advanced
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
you'll have no trouble with two instruments but having a bass in it at higher volumes will eventually tear your speakers.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Quote by Barboom
you'll have no trouble with two instruments but having a bass in it at higher volumes will eventually tear your speakers.

alright cool man, we arent lookin for higher volumes just something to practice with, cuase right now we were rudely introduced to the worlds of acoustics, sweet now we can get some good jams going. still anyone got any other input?
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
yea i have 2 inputs on my amp to. it doesn't matter which input you put the guitar/bass in. i also have a pedal thats multi effects it has 2 settings for what input you put it in high and low.

and no if its a bass amp it will not tear your speakers

Quote by Barboom
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff