i want some opinions because i argue that some guitars aren't gig worthy or sound good enough.
Imagine you want people to take you seriously about guitar
what is the cheapest guitar you'd gig on?
Jackson js warrior, mainly coz i have and it was fine.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
i wouldnt play an epi les paul for sure,
but i would play a squire strat , thats about as low in quality as ill go (i actaully like squire strat, i know, someone kick me in the face)
any of the js30 series
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
Quote by Kurt_Rosenwinkl
but i would play a squire strat , thats about as low in quality as ill go (i actaully like squire strat, i know, someone kick me in the face)

Epi Les Pauls DESTROY Squire's in terms of quality when you're talking about the standards/customs etc
Epi Les Paul Standard, because that's what I have. I would maybe play a Squire Strat, but maybe not. My friend thinks that he can't be seen playing Squire because he's too good. He wants to change the headstock to have a Fender logo instead.
fender strat for sure, possibly the epi standard les paul...as far as i would go.

and come forth the beast, from the pits of hell, to avenge the life of the forsaken." the time has come to strike vengence upon all christian soul's"
Quote by kai29
i want some opinions because i argue that some guitars aren't gig worthy or sound good enough.
Imagine you want people to take you seriously about guitar
what is the cheapest guitar you'd gig on?

Ok, let's say you had the cheapest-ass guitar you could get. But it holds a tuning,
has good action and sends a reasonably clear signal to the amp.

Now, are you saying if you played really well on that guitar, you wouldn't be taken
seriously?
Well, I've had to play live with some of the cheapest and crappiest not even Squier level guitars. Basically, I'd settle for anything that's reliable and keeps the tuning.
yamaha pacifica
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by PapaSmurph
Epi Les Pauls DESTROY Squire's in terms of quality when you're talking about the standards/customs etc

Yeah, but they sound totally different....

Personally, I've gigged with a Squier before, theyre decent, solid guitars for the money.
Squier Hello Kitty Strat... not that I would actually play that, but I would go that low quality-wise if I had to.
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
I'd just play any of my guitars, lets face it, if i didn't like a guitar i wouldn't buy it.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
If you want people to take you seriously about guitar, you would play anything with 1 string and some frets..

It's not about what guitar you play.. It's about how you/if you even can, play it.

If I seen some **** band using a PRS 10 top I would not take them seriously at all, ever.

If I seen some pwnt shredder playing a Squier bullet I would have 10x more respect for him.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
If you want people to take you seriously about guitar, you would play anything with 1 string and some frets..

It's not about what guitar you play.. It's about how you/if you even can, play it.

If I seen some **** band using a PRS 10 top I would not take them seriously at all, ever.

If I seen some pwnt shredder playing a Squier bullet I would have 10x more respect for him.

I bet you cant someone who plays this seriously:

Now looks can be deceptive, but this is dead on. Its an appauling heap of junk. It is hell to live with and I cant wait to get my Schecter C1 !

Dont get me wrong it works, but thats about all it does to be fair. I wouldnt ever use it live, I couldnt trust it not to fall to pieces on me
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Last edited by Deviant1853 at Jul 3, 2007,
I have gigged with my Epiphone Les Paul, but I would probably be willing to gig with a decent squire strat.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by TheDev01dOne

+1 million. That just about sums up why it annoys me when people say stuff like "squiers suck", they do the job as well as they need to, a decent guitarist can make any guitar sound good no matter how badly made it is etc. but it doesn't work the other way round, a ****ty guitarist can't make even the best of guitars sound good.

edit: btw, it's spelt "SQUIER". it's always the people who can't spell it who say "lolz sqires sux".
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 3, 2007,
Quote by edg
Ok, let's say you had the cheapest-ass guitar you could get. But it holds a tuning,
has good action and sends a reasonably clear signal to the amp.

Now, are you saying if you played really well on that guitar, you wouldn't be taken
seriously?

well for the most part stock guitars that are cheap like 250-300 dollars cant hold a tuning all that well and "stock" dont send clear signals to the amp

granted there are a few but most cheap stock guitars aren't great
Quote by Eggmond
yamaha pacifica

i would gig on that too.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
my westfield strat, although i'm yet to play live, it's going to be used at some points
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
i would auctually gig with a squier strat, but then the next step up would be an epi lp standard
Squiers arent that bad if you adjust them, like adjust the height of pickups, and block off the trem, and then it auctually holds tune pretty good. (assuming you dont use whammy bar)
I gigged with my bullet special for like a year. It was a great guitar.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Quote by Kurt_Rosenwinkl

+1,the squiers plow the epis out of the water,though that's not saying much.
Member #30 of the Fender Armada

60th anniversery American strat
Ibanez RG 370
MIM strat with ceramic humbucker in bridge
Squeir affinity strat
Fender blues deluxe
fender fm 15g
Boss DS-1
Vox V847
Ive Played an Epiphone Standard, and i love the tone, but when it comes to manufacturing, u either get a really nice guitar for the price, or a piece of junk. My friend bought a Squire strat pack, and it doesnt sound too hot thru the amp that comes with it, it sounds alot better on my Crate RFX30, with a Marshall Guv'nor, and Boss EQ. It sounded fairly well gig-wise when you play it thru a nice tube. I own an ibanez RG120, and it sounds great. I just picked up a Fender MIM Standard (SS) and that sounds pretty awsome as well. So like others said, it depends on how you play it, and if it holds its tuning. Also consider the amp.
1. Led Zeppelin
2. AC/DC
3. The Beatles
4. Deep Purple
5. Black Sabbath
6. The White Stripes
7. Stevie Ray Vaughan
8. Steve Vai
9. Ozzy Osbourne
10. Foreigner
i think if you played really damn well on the biggest POS that was ever built.. people may give you more props.

I'll take a pictures of my "gigging Axe" tonite..

its hilariously crappy.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
id play whatever as long as it had decent action, stayed in tune and sent a signal to my amp.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I wouldn't gig with a Stratocaster or any other guitar with single coils. Its a tone issue, not a quality issue, but that is kinda off subject.

I wouldn't play with a BC Rich Bronze series, Gio Ibanez, ESP 50 or 100 series, or a walmart First act (i've never played one that was set up good and sounded good)
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I wouldn't gig with a Stratocaster or any other guitar with single coils. Its a tone issue, not a quality issue, but that is kinda off subject.

+1

i wouldn't mind playing a crappy guitar live, i would play with my Epiphone LP junior which was my first guitar. this way i would not care about jumping around or flinging my guitar around. with my Gibsons i would never do such things
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
a tissue box with a couple of rubber bands.
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
a tissue box with a couple of rubber bands.

I played one of those once. It had a paper towel roll as the neck and a water bottle as the headstock. Gibson really had quality control issues on that one.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i have actually had to wrap a string around a tissue box and shove an amp cable into it during a gig, its a sacrifice that was hard to make.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by MESAexplorer
I played one of those once. It had a paper towel roll as the neck and a water bottle as the headstock. Gibson really had quality control issues on that one.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing

but seriously

Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat