Hey guys, I have a NJ series. it is the Mockingbird shape and it also has a kahler flyer. I looked at a catalog and it seems to be built in 1986.

((Can someone tell me what the body is made from)

Edit: well I was cleaning the fretboard and the nut came off but its no big deal its just gonna take me a at least two days to get pics now.
Last edited by jake911 at Jul 7, 2007,
Sounds like a pretty great price. Kahler Trems are really good and the N.J. series are really good. A mockingbird with a trem, you can be slash...damn I love slash's mockingbird.
I say buy it.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Lol ok but I guess if it turns out I don't like it, I can sell it what i bought it for. Its a bright red color, should i post pics?
Quote by jake911
Lol ok but I guess if it turns out I don't like it, I can sell it what i bought it for. Its a bright red color, should i post pics?

of course post pics. I think you could get a bit more than what you bought it for if you sold it on ebay
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
The old NJ's are solid guitars - it's kind of hard to date them as BC Rich records are distinctly fuzzy around that time but it'll either be Japanese or Korean built.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Dammit, you cant go wrong with a 120$ guitar!
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
If it says la on the backplate then its a custom shop.
BUY IT

No it's not - my NJ has "LA California" on the neckplate and it's not from the custom shop.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Kahlers=sex
When it's time for you to buy your next guitar you'll be saying, If only it had a Kahler...
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by jake911
Are kahlers easier to tune than floyds?

according to kerry king of slayer (who swears by kahler), yes they are.
he listed in a guitar magazine a while back why he thinks they are better than floyds!

btw post pics please
Top lel.
LOl i will post pics, just let me put some new strings and and clean her up first .
Yes they are easier to tune than Floyds. When you change gauges or tuning all you have to do is turn a little screw at the top of the trem and viola it'll be perfectly floating once again.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Yeah I like this trem, any ideas about the body wood, I tried to look for spots with no paint but this guitar is covered so any help is appreciated.
Quote by jake911
Hey guys, I have a NJ series. it is the Mockingbird shape, it also has a kahler flyer. It was built in 1986.

Can someone tell me what the body is made from, I plan to put new PuPs in it.

Edit: well I was cleaning the fretboard and the nut came off but its no big deal its just gonna take me a at least two days to get pics now.

Oh....my...god....

do NOT touch the pups! that guitar has to be worth a massive amount of money....

if its a short-horn (the lower horn shorter than nowaday's), then it's probably worth at least 2000.

but if you replace the pups it might ruin the value i dunno...
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
I heard Dimarzio made pickups for bc rich around this time, Does anyone know anymore about this?
Quote by jake911
I heard Dimarzio made pickups for bc rich around this time, Does anyone know anymore about this?

yeah, they used to make them, now i think Seymour Duncan does. i know a lot of the high end ones have Rockfields, which are actually quite awesome.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
It's not necessarily worth loads, if it's an NJ then it's most likely Japanese or Korean, not US. And there's no problem changing the pickups, just keep hold of the original ones. BC Rich history is extremely fuzzy around that time and there was a lot of mixing of parts...backplates are nothing to go on as they'd often send a load of US ones to the overseas factory if they'd run out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
It's not necessarily worth loads, if it's an NJ then it's most likely Japanese or Korean, not US. And there's no problem changing the pickups, just keep hold of the original ones. BC Rich history is extremely fuzzy around that time and there was a lot of mixing of parts...backplates are nothing to go on as they'd often send a load of US ones to the overseas factory if they'd run out.

the short horns are worth loads no matter what, according to what i've read...
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
I thought the NJ stood for "Nagoya, Japan" Pretty sure I read that on their website somewhere.