I posted this in the gear forum so I'm reposting it here based on the replies I received:

I need a custom channel switcher/ABY pedal constructed. Basically I want to be able to have either amp on 1 at a time or both on at the same time (ABY scenario.) I would also like the option of switching channels on each individual amp, or hitting one button that switches channels on both amps at the same time. I could take apart my pedals and make a new case for most of it, but I still need to come up with a way to switch both amps at the same time.

Does anyone know of any person or company that could possibly put together a project like this? Or could someone give me some ideas on how to go about this.

The thing to keep in mind is that one amp is a crate BVH120 and the other is a Carvin X100B with a footswitch with a female XLR connector.

Thanks! Any info or advice is appreciated.
i would recommend simply buying an ABY pedal and then using a separate footswitch for each amp. it would save you the hassle of getting a custom made footswitch which will cost you $200+.

this one looks good
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
Last edited by franc0ph0bic at Jul 3, 2007,
exactly what kind of footswitches does each amp take? if you give that to us, we could probably draw up a schematic for you.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
The Carvin X100B takes the Carvin FS36 channel switch. Here is a schematic I found for that:


and a picture of it (top left)


For my Crate amp I did not have the original footswitch because I got it used. I have been using a peavey FS that I had laying around with an effects loop/channel switch on it.

I have a Morley ABY.