I just got this amp from American Musical Supply and it DOMINATES!!!

For all of you out there that say tube amps are the only way to go, YOUR WRONG!
I had a Peavey 5150 for years , and this amp keeps up with it. And for the price $259 you can't beat it. Anybody who is on a budget and wants a good, loud head, this is the one for you
Quote by nrussell46and2
I just got this amp from American Musical Supply and it DOMINATES!!!

For all of you out there that say tube amps are the only way to go, YOUR WRONG!
I had a Peavey 5150 for years , and this amp keeps up with it. And for the price $259 you can't beat it. Anybody who is on a budget and wants a good, loud head, this is the one for you

People aren't out for just a 'good, loud head'.
People are after a head they feel will give them the best tone they can afford.
Have you actually owned a 5150 and compared it side by side?
Crate amps have quite bad cleans in my opinion, although there gain is a touch on the gritty side, it's still useable.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
this is definitely one of the best crate SS amps i've ever played.
i've been looking for one, but they're discontinued apparently?
Call me Roche.

Quote by Dyers
wut is a luthier? im assuming it has to do with the luthern church
The Crate GT3500h is still in production, it s just that many stores don't carry it as they see it as a cost and not a sale. Not many people will buy 350watt Solid-State head. The discontinued product that shared many resemblences to the GT3500H is the GTX3500H. Almost the same, but with a tuner and on board effects.
When will DiMarzio make active pickups?
Great amp, for some reason the 350 watt head sounds alot better then the rest of the crate GT range.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
People aren't out for just a 'good, loud head'.
People are after a head they feel will give them the best tone they can afford.
Have you actually owned a 5150 and compared it side by side?
Crate amps have quite bad cleans in my opinion, although there gain is a touch on the gritty side, it's still useable.

My original post clearly states that I owned a 5150, and side by side? My other guitarist in my band still has his 5150 and we play them together at practice and it sounds comparable. And I didn't say "people ARE OUT for a good , loud head. I said anybody WHO IS lookin for a good, loud head. The price difference is what's really important here. For about $500 less, you can have plenty of power and tone. The clean channel on mine sounds fine too by the way.