Poll: Ashdown Fallen Angel 40DSP vs. Peavey ValveKing 112 Post a Poll
Poll Options
View poll results: Ashdown Fallen Angel 40DSP vs. Peavey ValveKing 112 Post a Poll
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40DSP
5 100%
Peavey ValveKing 112
0 0%
Voters: 5.
Fallen Angel all the way for me, no contest.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well, what type of music are you playing? The Ashdown has a more modern, metal type of sound, whereas the Peavey would pull a better blues or classic rock sound. The Peavey also has a great clean tone.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
I play anything from loose punkrock, to Children of Bodom and In Flames style modern metal, but I want the ability to pull a decent clean out of it. I rely quite heavily on my pedals for distortion, so I'd happily avoid the amp's own distorted channel, and just lay my stuff over the clean. That's why I'm a bit lost.. I either go with the Ashdown, then simplify and do away with my pedals, but perhaps lack on the clean front.. or I go with the Peavey, and have a nice clean, but essentially waste a huge part of the amp by not using the distorted channel.
Yeah, the distortion channel on the peavey has way too much of a smooth bottom end. its too warm. I'd say go with the Fallen angel on this one. The gain channel is great for your kind of music, and I'm sure it has a pretty good clean channel, I mean, It cant be that bad if its a tube amp.
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Nowt wrong with the Fallen angel's cleans
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Well, then that makes up my mind. I say Fallen Angel all the way!
Fallen Angel without a doubt. If you're near birmingham you might wanna try and find Professional Music Technology there, they've got the entire Fallen Angel range in the front doorway.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Sweet, thanks guys. Sorry to keep making such a fuss about this. It's just a lot of money for me to be spending, and I can't get anywhere to try one, so I want to be absolutely certain.

Here...have my clips of the 60 watter.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7157498&postcount=201
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Hey can anyone give me a link to the Fallen Angel 60W head on an online music store? Musiciansfriend only has the halfstack on their site which is a grand. I just want to know how much the head by itself is.
We're only strays.