Hey I need some help.... about 5 minutes ago I just mastered Eruption but when I get to the tapping part you can barely hear the tapping..... what can i do to increase the volume of it? Right now im using a Gibson Explorer and its switched on to the 500T Humbucker and Through a 15G Fender Frontman Amp with the Scott Ian Black-13 pedal
neck pickup?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
maybe you just have to put more emphasis on the pulling off bit of the tapping, the kind of flick you do with your tapping finger. I used to have the same problem because of this
maybe you just have to put more emphasis on the pulling off bit of the tapping, the kind of flick you do with your tapping finger. I used to have the same problem because of this

Well you see..... I dont use my finger I use my pick so could that be the problem?
What particular part is sounding wrong? The actual hit or the pull off or hammer on? I find it easier and cleaner to hit with the flesh of the tip of my index.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by Cowslayer
Well you see..... I dont use my finger I use my pick so could that be the problem?

Yep.
But when I use my Index finger to tap it barely sounds...and I got all the levels of distortion up just not the volume.....Gain is on 10 and so is Bass
Quote by Cowslayer
But when I use my Index finger to tap it barely sounds...and I got all the levels of distortion up just not the volume.....Gain is on 10 and so is Bass

turn the bass down and turn iup the treble and the mid
turn the bass down and turn iup the treble and the mid

Hey thanks! that really helped! I can hear it alot better now, thank you. Oh but I have one more question... is it okay to tap with your pick?
yeah sounds loud and clearer
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
sure, Randy Rhoads did

That means alot to me seeing as how Randy Rhoads is my greatest inspiration...Thanks guys for your help!
Quote by Norse_Iron_King
More dsitortion. and also, for Eddy's tone, a neck pickup is not necessary, as his Frankenstein charvel has no neck pickup

$10 he never used it in the studio.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
$10 I'll close diz sheee.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.