Page 1 of 33
defiance64
>:) Imma mad-smiley! Raha
2,255 IQ
I'm having problems I got Guitar Pro for nothing it seems because over 3/4's of the entire Pro Tabs here are all .gp3 extensions. My Guitar Pro only supports .gp4, and .gp5 why is that? Is my copy like broken or is it supposed to be like that? Anyway I want to be able to read the tabs in gp3 but it pops up saying something like: 'unable to download not a valid Win32 application'. Can you help me? Because the software seems scrappable if I can't even view just about any of the tabs on the entire site.
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.
Citrostick
43 IQ
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a Ritenuto in GP5... I've seen it in some tabs, and i wondered how to make the happen... Anyone knows?

And Defiance, can you change the extension of the file? Just change .gp3 to .gp4 by remaning the file... that might work
purplestrat
Philippians 3:14
441 IQ
Okay, my friend and i both have a problem with recording guitar pro files as waves, and then converting them to mp3s...ive done this before, but now i use the same process and it doesnt work. its not the conversion, it something with the recording, its very quiet and when i try to open it with windows media or itunes...it say something like, the file your are trying to open is not a supportive export file...I tried it with the guitar pro jingle and it worked, but other files failed, is it the size of the file?
Motu
73 IQ
Quote by Citrostick
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a Ritenuto in GP5... I've seen it in some tabs, and i wondered how to make the happen... Anyone knows?

And Defiance, can you change the extension of the file? Just change .gp3 to .gp4 by remaning the file... that might work

1. Select where you want the ritenuto to begin
2. Select "Mix Table"(F10)
3. Select "Tempo"
4. Select new tempo and the amount of bars during which it will progressively go slower
buckethead_jr
6,792 IQ
Ok so, after writing songs recently i have run into a problem.
When there are a lot of instruments (mine at the moment has 15 tracks) they group in 3's or 4's when you try to change the tuning, instrument, volume, panning, everything so you have no control over the individual tracks, anyone know how to fix this?
It was ment to be fixed in version 5.2, but that's what i've got and it keeps happening
Seth Shadows
G|-18b19-~~[18]pb19~~~\
6,719 IQ
Quote by buckethead_jr
Ok so, after writing songs recently i have run into a problem.
When there are a lot of instruments (mine at the moment has 15 tracks) they group in 3's or 4's when you try to change the tuning, instrument, volume, panning, everything so you have no control over the individual tracks, anyone know how to fix this?
It was ment to be fixed in version 5.2, but that's what i've got and it keeps happening

Well, You can only have a maximum of 16 Tracks unless you want channel overlapping.

See here, I Circled the channels. Make them all seperate like so;

Now you can change the Pan, Volume and Tuning.

Good Luck

Quote by defiance64
I'm having problems I got Guitar Pro for nothing it seems because over 3/4's of the entire Pro Tabs here are all .gp3 extensions. My Guitar Pro only supports .gp4, and .gp5 why is that? Is my copy like broken or is it supposed to be like that? Anyway I want to be able to read the tabs in gp3 but it pops up saying something like: 'unable to download not a valid Win32 application'. Can you help me? Because the software seems scrappable if I can't even view just about any of the tabs on the entire site.

It sounds like you pirated it.
If so, you dont deserve it anyway. So Go away.

Quote by purplestrat
Okay, my friend and i both have a problem with recording guitar pro files as waves, and then converting them to mp3s...ive done this before, but now i use the same process and it doesnt work. its not the conversion, it something with the recording, its very quiet and when i try to open it with windows media or itunes...it say something like, the file your are trying to open is not a supportive export file...I tried it with the guitar pro jingle and it worked, but other files failed, is it the size of the file?

.wavs are naturally big but no, thats not the problem.
Try Adjusting your mic settings and DONT export a .wav from guitar pro, as it will only be audible on guitar pro.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
purplestrat
Philippians 3:14
441 IQ
wavs are naturally big but no, thats not the problem.
Try Adjusting your mic settings and DONT export a .wav from guitar pro, as it will only be audible on guitar pro.

Ive done this before and it worked like a charm, i tried raising the volume, but the quality is fuzzy, guess Ill just have to bring my band over and record it for real to get mp3's

thanks for your help though
meh...
Banned
414 IQ
anyone know how to fade out??
i can fade in but not out.
buckethead_jr
6,792 IQ
Quote by meh...
anyone know how to fade out??
i can fade in but not out.

Press F10 and check the 'volume' box.
Set the volume to '0' and the amount of beats you want it to fade on.
Or if you want a longer one set the volume to around 6-7 and do the fade thing twice.
GC55SP09
10 IQ
Sorry if this has been asked but I have powertab and when i download a tab from the site It say's something like file not found so what am i doing wrong?
Seth Shadows
G|-18b19-~~[18]pb19~~~\
6,719 IQ
Quote by GC55SP09
Sorry if this has been asked but I have powertab and when i download a tab from the site It say's something like file not found so what am i doing wrong?

I'd Need A Screenshot.
But If it's what I think it is click "Select a Program from the list" and find Powertab Editor 1.7

Quote by Cobain_is_king

guitargod5
817 IQ
whats the best way to do drums in GP5
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
deratto11
21 IQ
i cant figure out how to change the tempo on guitar pro 5 could anyone help me out?
buckethead_jr
6,792 IQ
Quote by deratto11
i cant figure out how to change the tempo on guitar pro 5 could anyone help me out?

Click the button in the red circle to change the tempo at the beginning of the song.
Click the button in the blue circle and check the box beside tempo to change the tempo of a song half way through or wherever you want.

Quote by Guitargod5

Track>Add>Percussion.
xxcostaxx
114 IQ
Hi, when I print form guitar pro my tab seems to get messed up. example 12-5-8 tapping when printed is 0-3-6.. whats wrong?
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
can someone send me some tutorials on how to use guitar pro? i'm new at this.
guitargod5
817 IQ
Quote by guitargod5

ignore my question.......
meh...
Banned
414 IQ
ok....im trying to write a song similar to Childre of Bodom, and i need to input a keyboard of sorts, but the on i choose on synth pads or whatever is too quiet even on full volume

what do you guys use for keyboard?
buckethead_jr
6,792 IQ
Quote by thelonelywaffle
How do you change the tempo in Powertab?

Press 'o' twice if there is a tempo marker at the start, if there's not you only need to press it once.

Quote by meh...
ok....im trying to write a song similar to Childre of Bodom, and i need to input a keyboard of sorts, but the on i choose on synth pads or whatever is too quiet even on full volume

what do you guys use for keyboard?

Depends what sound you're after, i sometimes use Lead Pad [Square], or the Harpsichord, Or the lead pad [Halo].

Or just a simple 'String Ensemble 1'
meh...
Banned
414 IQ
the sound in bodom beach terror intro is good and i really like the keyboard in the intro of follow the reaper
what is best for those?
Seth Shadows
G|-18b19-~~[18]pb19~~~\
6,719 IQ
Quote by hriday_hazarika
can someone send me some tutorials on how to use guitar pro? i'm new at this.

Just mess around a bit with it. You'll get used to it.

Quote by meh...
the sound in bodom beach terror intro is good and i really like the keyboard in the intro of follow the reaper
what is best for those?

Well In The beginning to Follow The Reaper they Have "String Ensemble 1" mixed with "Orchestra Hit". But Bodom do use alot of Sawtooth and Choir Aahs.

Mix it up.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Skippy_McNutty
Machine Gun Man
1,136 IQ
I just got guitar pro 5 yesterday and I can't figure out how to make more than one not in each bar.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Seth Shadows
G|-18b19-~~[18]pb19~~~\
6,719 IQ
Quote by Skippy_McNutty
I just got guitar pro 5 yesterday and I can't figure out how to make more than one not in each bar.

Change your note durations (i.e; Quarter notes, eighth notes, half, sixteenth, thirty-second, sixty-fourth) also sometimes to get desired note duration you'll have to use DOTS.
Which would be half of the not you put it on. (i.e; Half dotted would equal half and a quarter)
Mess With the BPM(Beats Per Minute) to get the right timing as well.
If you're transcribing a song use the metronome and start from there.
The beat is commonly the beat you pick up with your foot or a recurring drum beat.
Match that up exactly with the metronome.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

DefectedFromGod
UG Senior Member
1,241 IQ
I have guitar pro 5 (not sure 5.1 I think) and I have problems with making the drum tracks into MIDI's. I can't make any MIDI's with any other tracks either. Then I tried exporting it to a wav and had to turn my speakers all the way up to get a very very faint sound. Is there a way to fix this?
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Seth Shadows
G|-18b19-~~[18]pb19~~~\
6,719 IQ
^ You Don't export it to .wav. Export > MIDI and if there's a problem with your midi converter then you're messed man/woman. Orrrr Record the drums with RSE on your own through a Mic.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Walkin'Basser
552 IQ
In Guitar Pro, all the notes are written as sharps (#). So for example, I can only write A# and not Bb. Is there any way to change that?
Seth Shadows
G|-18b19-~~[18]pb19~~~\
6,719 IQ
Quote by Walkin'Basser
In Guitar Pro, all the notes are written as sharps (#). So for example, I can only write A# and not Bb. Is there any way to change that?

Nah man I don't think there is. It's the same thing anyway.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Motu
73 IQ
Quote by Seth Shadows

Actually you can, if you choose a key with flats in it
Quote by jetfuel495

...holy **** the biggest ****ing golf cart ever just rolled past my backyard... i **** u not
Walkin'Basser
552 IQ
Quote by Seth Shadows

Actually, no it isn't. They're enharmonic, meaning it's the same note, but you can't use sharps in flat keys.
If you use GP to read tabs, then you probably don't give a damn, but I want to transcribe songs with it, and it is false to write A# in a song that is in the key of Bb.

@Motu: How do you change a key in GP?
buckethead_jr
6,792 IQ
^There's a button with '###' on it under file.

If you choose a flat key then you get flats instead of sharps.
mr kipling
Look at the cow.
937 IQ
I'm trying to download the RSE sounds. The guitars are corrupted, according to my computer. What do I do?
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
buckethead_jr
6,792 IQ
^Where are you downloading them from?

Just try downloading them again.

If that doesn't work can you give me a screenshot of that message you got?
mr kipling
Look at the cow.
937 IQ
Quote by buckethead_jr
^Where are you downloading them from?

Just try downloading them again.

If that doesn't work can you give me a screenshot of that message you got?

I'll do it tomoroww.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Shredder666
992 IQ
I play a few jazz songs here and there, and I was wondering if there's a setting on Guitar Pro that automatically "swings" the eighth notes (instead of straight 8th notes, it shows up dotted 8th, then 16th, then dotted 8th, then 16th, etc).
Seth Shadows
G|-18b19-~~[18]pb19~~~\
6,719 IQ
Quote by Spawnofmanson
When i try and insert "pickstroke up" or "pickstroke down" rectangles appear instead of the up or downstrokes....what is going on?

Try reinstalling the guitar pro font.
Quote by Cobain_is_king