Page 2 of 33
i have a question on guitar pro.. im tabbing my own song and when i play the playback the quality is really bad there is like cracks and stuff on the rse.. When i download other tabs this isnt a prob.. help??

also when i play the midi it has no sound most of the time
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
I think this question has been asked before, but it's not in this thread, nor in the GP FAQ page (I think). Sorry if it's repeated/gets asked a lot.

I have GP5, not sure which version, as I'm at home. On some tabs I get the message 'You need to upgrade your software' or something similar when I try to open them. What do I need to do?

Thanks.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
^When you get home open up Guitar Pro, go to Help > About and under the GP logo there is a version number and date.

5.2 is the latest one.
Okay for some reason, when I opened up the song I'd been writing all of a sudden the lead synth part is very quiet for no reason. I have it all the way up in volume and I mute everyother track and it's still barely hearable. Any solutions to this?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^When you get home open up Guitar Pro, go to Help > About and under the GP logo there is a version number and date.

5.2 is the latest one.

Ok, thanks. I have 5.0. Do you think upgrading to 5.2 will solve the problem?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Okay for some reason, when I opened up the song I'd been writing all of a sudden the lead synth part is very quiet for no reason. I have it all the way up in volume and I mute everyother track and it's still barely hearable. Any solutions to this?

What instrument patch are you using?

Quote by loonyguitarist
Ok, thanks. I have 5.0. Do you think upgrading to 5.2 will solve the problem?

Yes it will.
I have GP5.0 but when I open a certain tab it says i need to update my software in order to view it, is it possible for me to open this tab without upgrading my software?
I don't think so
Quote by Liberation
Quote by CrashedTheShow3
In Powertab, how do I get more than one guitar to play at the same time?

I can make upto 7 play at one time doing the work of 12 guitars.

There's many ways but first you have to Create the guitar itself. then attach a staff (section > attach staff) then make sure the timing is right and play it.

Quote by CaptainOfSmug

this could be the channels problem, Smug, see my pictures on page one about channels. an if you used the mix table alot to change volume with an instrument thats on the same channel, that would do it.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Last edited by Seth Shadows at Aug 29, 2007,
Does anyone know how to use delay in Guitar Pro 5? I've searched far and wide but I can't find any way other than creating other guitar tracks with the exact same notes, just moved a half a beat (or w/e) forward. That's pretty lame if it has all these sophisticated features but no easy way to use delay...
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!
Quote by defiance64
I'm having problems I got Guitar Pro for nothing it seems because over 3/4's of the entire Pro Tabs here are all .gp3 extensions. My Guitar Pro only supports .gp4, and .gp5 why is that? Is my copy like broken or is it supposed to be like that? Anyway I want to be able to read the tabs in gp3 but it pops up saying something like: 'unable to download not a valid Win32 application'. Can you help me? Because the software seems scrappable if I can't even view just about any of the tabs on the entire site.

i have the same problem almost, except my copy is NOT pirated as it was suggested before the defiance64. except it tells me that i need to update my software, when its a gp3 and i have gp5. but its only just recently started to do this to gp3 files, why is that and how can i fix it
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Does anyone know how to use delay in Guitar Pro 5? I've searched far and wide but I can't find any way other than creating other guitar tracks with the exact same notes, just moved a half a beat (or w/e) forward. That's pretty lame if it has all these sophisticated features but no easy way to use delay...

Well, that is usually the method i use for delay, but there is another way of doing it.

I'll explain when i've got time, but go download my Big Sur Moon tab by Buckethead, you'll hear a delay effect even when the two guitars are playing the notes at the exact same time.

If that's the type of delay you want i could explain better.
When i try to open a gp3 file it says "To open this file, please update your Guitar Pro Software"

I have the lastest version

Can anyone help?
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
^
It's actually Gp5.1 or 5.2

The Latest is 5.2

UG says they're all .gp3 because thats the format they imputted. It'd be such a pain in the ass if they had to do that with every update.

Quote by joshjhasarrived

The update on guitar pro 5.2 has many effects with delay and others too. like grunge distortion, Pi Distortion, Phaser, legend tones, Tremolo, Reverb. ect.

EDIT:
Quote by that dude up there. forgot his name.
i have the same problem almost, except my copy is NOT pirated as it was suggested before the defiance64. except it tells me that i need to update my software, when its a gp3 and i have gp5. but its only just recently started to do this to gp3 files, why is that and how can i fix it

Read my top post.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Last edited by Seth Shadows at Aug 31, 2007,
When I am installing Guitar pro 5 an alert pops up saying that certain files can not be found because they are in use by another process, I've tried closing everything that may be using the files (Utorrent, Limewire ect.) but still I get the alert, any ideas?

Also, I've turned off all my anti-virus and firewall programs.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by grantml02
When I am installing Guitar pro 5 an alert pops up saying that certain files can not be found because they are in use by another process, I've tried closing everything that may be using the files (Utorrent, Limewire ect.) but still I get the alert, any ideas?

Also, I've turned off all my anti-virus and firewall programs.

Are you busy using your windows installer with another program? if so then that's the problem.

I can't be sure. Post a printscreen of your problem please.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

is there any way i can get another trial of either of them for a mac? i downloaded guitar pro and forgot about it so i only used it once
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Quote by electricsnake
is there any way i can get another trial of either of them for a mac? i downloaded guitar pro and forgot about it so i only used it once

no lol.

but powertab's free =)
Quote by Cobain_is_king

In GP5, when I go to export as a wav, it works, but then when I go to play back the wav file, there's no sound. And yes, my volume is turned up.

Quote by electricsnake

Format your hard drive and change your IP address?
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!
Quote by Seth Shadows
Are you busy using your windows installer with another program? if so then that's the problem.

I can't be sure. Post a printscreen of your problem please.

I wasn't installing anything else, I'll post the pic in a second.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
For some reason the drums and keyboard is screwed up in all of the tabs i download. It won't play so when i'm playing with the real song i'm confused cause it sounds completely different for the guitar pro tab. Can anyone try and help me get them working again?
Quote by AmpleSteak
For some reason the drums and keyboard is screwed up in all of the tabs i download. It won't play so when i'm playing with the real song i'm confused cause it sounds completely different for the guitar pro tab. Can anyone try and help me get them working again?

Try clicking on the instrument name at the bottom and making sure that the RSE is selected. I came to play a couple of tabs I downloaded and they weren't selected meaning I couldn't hear the tracks.
Here's the thing. I can export my files to MIDI without any problem, and they sound like what a MIDI file should sound like. But I want to keep the realistic sound engine sound in the song, and the only way I think that could be possible would be to export it to a .wav file, and well, that obviously doesn't work.

Any solutions?
Quote by SoundNinja
Here's the thing. I can export my files to MIDI without any problem, and they sound like what a MIDI file should sound like. But I want to keep the realistic sound engine sound in the song, and the only way I think that could be possible would be to export it to a .wav file, and well, that obviously doesn't work.

Any solutions?

If you have a computer microphone just put your mic upto your speakers and record it as an mp3.
for Software Try Riffworks or Sony Foundry Acid 5.
for FREE Software try: http://www.download.com/Free-Easy-MP3-Sound-Recorder/3000-2170_4-10547651.html

or audacity.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

If you are talking about new features since 5.0 or 5.1 then the only new feature it is is the extended RSE patches, RSE for the bass and synth.

That and a lot of bugs in it have been fixed.

But on the subject of RSE, whenever i turn it on i don't get any sound out of it, i've checked the sound settings on GP, everything's fine, i've checked the sound settings on the actual computer system, everyhting's fine, what could be the problem/how could i fix it?
^ is your computer outdated? (Under windows XP)
Quote by mr kipling
What new features does Guitar Pro 5.2 have?

You can choose alot more RSE amps, effects ect and the pitch of atrificial harmonics have FINALLY been added underneath.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Quote by buckethead_jr
^Nope, It's running XP.
The MIDI is fine, but the RSE won't work.

hmm. do you have alot of processes running when you load?
Quote by Cobain_is_king

I've got a couple, I'll end the ones i don't need and see if that helps.

EDIT: Nope, doesn't help.
Last edited by buckethead_jr at Sep 9, 2007,
Hey, could someone answer me a quick question? How do I sustain notes for more than one bar? Like, the notes I play are a whole note, but the sound always stops at the end of one bar. I'd like the sound to continue sounding out for 3 more bars. Let Ring doesn't work, and neither do Ghost notes, at least not properly. It's making me mad because I can read music but can figure out how to accomplish this. Thanks.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by Greenfinger182
Hey, could someone answer me a quick question? How do I sustain notes for more than one bar? Like, the notes I play are a whole note, but the sound always stops at the end of one bar. I'd like the sound to continue sounding out for 3 more bars. Let Ring doesn't work, and neither do Ghost notes, at least not properly. It's making me mad because I can read music but can figure out how to accomplish this. Thanks.

Go to the next bar and tie the note... I can't remember what the hot-key is though.
Does anyone know how open windows volume control in Guitar Pro? I try to click on it and nothing happens. It's in options for those who don't know.
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
^Works fine for me. Try clicking in the bottom right taskbar.

Quote by Cobain_is_king

Quote by Seth Shadows
^Works fine for me. Try clicking in the bottom right taskbar.

It actually doesn't work if you have Vista. In fact its the only thing wrong with the entire program on Vista.
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
i have downloaded the Demo version of Guitar Pro but it does'nt work for new songs.. does anyone in here got Guitar Pro not demo version?