Page 4 of 33
Quote by Seth Shadows

Musical Directions as in Codas and Segno's (D.C, D.S.S, D.S and so on?)

Yes, exactly.

I run gp5, btw.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
EDIT: Just Use the Powertabs tutorial

Musical Directions Tutorial for Power Tab Editor 1.7 
V1.1 

by Sebastien Houle 

Last Modified : July 7, 2003 
==================================================== 

1- at the end of the measure from where you want to go back, you have to put one of the following terms (from the "Music Symbols\Musical Directions" menu) 

Da Capo: from the begining of the score, will continue up to the place you put this musical direction (and to the following measures) 

Dal Segno : instead of starting from the beginning, it will start from a specific point marked with a segno (s/s or � and will be played up to where you are (and to the following measures) 

Da Capo Al Coda/Dal Segno Al Coda : will start from the point you specified (beginning or Segno) and will continue unless it encounter a "To Coda" direction. It will directly go to the measure marked with a Coda 

Da Capo Al Fine/Dal Segno Al Fine : same as for a coda, instead of having a "to coda" direction, you use a "fine" direction (it will end the song there) 

Note : Da Capo Capo or Dal Segno Segno are used when you already have a single one on your score. 

2- if using a "dal Segno" form : go to the measure you start back, place the cursor at the very 1st position of that measure and put a Segno there (� like pictogram). 

3- Coda/fine form : go to the last bar before going back to the CODA (or where you want to end the tab with a "fine"), place the cursor to the last position before the following separation bar, and select either "To Coda" or "Fine" direction marker. 

Note for CODA: 

place the coda at the very 1st position of the measure where you want to jump ahead) 

You can set up to 3 different musical directions sets to a tab. Usually it takes only 1 set (except when you have to put � and �� at the same place) . Don't forget to put the musical directions on both scores if using both of them!
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Last edited by Seth Shadows at Nov 21, 2007,
i just got guitar pro 5 the other day and its amazing and i was wondering how to change the tempo during certain parts cuz the songs i write have tempo changes a lot. is there a way to do it without changing the tempo for the entire song?
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Quote by UrMomsMom
can anyone point me on where to download the full version of powertab

http://www.power-tab.net/guitar.php
Quote by systematic_nois
i just got guitar pro 5 the other day and its amazing and i was wondering how to change the tempo during certain parts cuz the songs i write have tempo changes a lot. is there a way to do it without changing the tempo for the entire song?

Press F10 for the mix table and choose your tempo.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Heeey I'm Meely

Just wondering why know one has done a tab for Leni - Goodbooks That song is great =]

Lo I don't know how to make tabs.. but I really want to play it =[

Any Ideasss?

Meely x
^Here's an Idea. Make a thread on it. This is for guitar pro/powertab help.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Maybe I'm dumb.. but what the hell does Cd x32033 mean? Apparnetly its a chord =o

Anyone care to help by tellign me the fingering for it? =P

Or is that the fingering? the number bit =o
Oooer.. best go try that

Sorry
Meely x
Last edited by xoMeelyox at Nov 23, 2007,
Hey all im new here, i just had one quick question...

how do i make an intro fade in? if u need an example look at the intro to my last serenade by killswitch engage, perfect example.
Yes Seth.. But I thought this was for help with tabs?

I don't really know how to play Cd x32033 which was in a tab

Okay?
Quote by BlakSite
Hey all im new here, i just had one quick question...

how do i make an intro fade in? if u need an example look at the intro to my last serenade by killswitch engage, perfect example.

press F10 for the mix table and put the volume to 0. Then one step over press F10 again and put the volume upto the designated volume you wish and put the transition upto how many beats you wish for the swell to be over.
Quote by xoMeelyox
Yes Seth.. But I thought this was for help with tabs?

I don't really know how to play Cd x32033 which was in a tab

Okay?

No sweetie lol. this thread is for help with the programs Guitar Pro and powertab to help with things such as notation not chord numbers. Sorry for acting like a dillhole, im in a horrible mood these days.

but yes, theres many approaches you can use for a chord. For this particular one put your middle finger over the 3rd fret on the high e and b strings. then take your index, skip the g string and put your index on the 2nd fret, D string. Then take your ring finger and put it on the 3rd fret on the A string. Do not play the low e string. So it'd look like:

e|-3- <--- thinnest string
B|-3-
G|-0-
D|-2-
A|-3-
E|--- <--- thickest string.

Good luck =]
Okay I'm sorry =]

I didn't realise

Yuu sure I won't get called a noob for making a new thread?

Thanks for the help
can someone upload a guitar pro 4 tab of "Knights of Cydonia" by Muse?
please and thank you =]
ok, so on Powertab i've tried several different guitar settings for tapping, and everything turns out like crap. so if you guys could share your tapping setups that'd help me a dozen.
^When you click "Add new track" instead of clicking instrument, click Percussion.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Does anyone know in Power Tab, how do you remove the music notes section and only view the tabs?
All right...

I'm running into trouble Installing Power Tab.

I've already been through everything up to the extraction point.

It says it's downloaded and all on my computer, yet when I try opening it, it just re-installs itself.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
^ Have you re-started your computer?

Quote by ncbluefire
Does anyone know in Power Tab, how do you remove the music notes section and only view the tabs?

No, you can't. sorry.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Quote by Seth Shadows
^ Have you re-started your computer?

No, you can't. sorry.

Yes.

Still, nothing.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
i can use RSE on Guitar Pro with pianos or other instruments other than bass,guitar, and drums
Has anyone here worked with lyrics in GP5.2? What a pain in the ass! My beefs:
  • Words can only be located at the beginning of a note. Not at a rest or anywhere else.
  • If you have two whole notes tied in 4/4 time and you want the first word of the next lyric line to be on the last beat of the second whole note, you can't - it's connected to the beginning of the note.
  • If you have two whole notes tied in 4/4 time and you have several words to be sung during the 8 beats, you have to connect multiple words associated with the one beat using the + sign. The program recognizes the first + sign and replaces it with a space but the remainder show in the score!
  • If you have multiple word connected using the + sign, they are center aligned on the note they are associated with! So, half the phrase ends up getting shoved into the previous measure!
  • Same example with two whole notes tied in 4/4 time - if you want the last word of one phrase to be sung on beat 1 and the first word of the next phrase to be sung on beat 8, they are just jammed together, center-aligned on beat 1.
  • If you use the same section of music for more than one set of lyrics (Verse 1, Verse 2, etc., there is a limitation of five lines. I ran into this on the first transcription I did - a pop song for my daughter! It uses the same 12 measures for Chorus 1 & 2, Verse 4 and Chorus 3 & 4. Chorus 1 & 2 are identical and Chorus 3 & 4 are identical but slightly different than Chorus 1 & 2. I put all four choruses on separate lines because there is no way to number the lines so I could indicate that the first chorus would be sung the first and second time through, the verse the third time through and the second chorus the final two times through.
  • If you go back and change notes that already have lyrics connected to them, you could totally screw up the positioning of the lyrics and have to go back and fix it.
  • Overall - what a ridiculously stupid interface in File / Score Information / Lyrics!

One non-lyric complaint: Apparently, GP5.2 doesn't always put the correct sharps versus flats in chords. My guitar teacher writes out songs and chord exercises and I put them into scores on GP5.2. It seems like GP5.2 prefers sharps over flats. According to teach, if there is a Bb13 chord in the key of C (from what he said, I'm not sure if the key is a huge factor in this...), it should be Bb-Ab-D-G. When I put the chord in, I use the tab part of the score to put in the following:

e X
B 8
G 7
D 6
A X
E 6

What ends up in the standard notation is A#-G#-D-G.

You can go in, click an individual note in a chord and then click the Note menu and select Change Accidental. Once that's done, you can copy and paste the correct chord elsewhere but what a pain!

I've got a few days left on the eval and I'm not sure it's worth the $59 unless I want to forget about using lyrics until some future version....
^Lyrics work fine for me. Of course I do it manually haha.

Quote by blood8815
i can use RSE on Guitar Pro with pianos or other instruments other than bass,guitar, and drums

That's because there's only RSE for Guitar, Bass and Drums.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

does anyone know how to make "Guitar" sounds instead of Piano?
I have Power Tabs
yea go on guitar at the top, then setup, then there is a drop-down menu where it says MIDI that has a loada diff sounds sum ok sum crap n sum just daft (try playin flight of the bumblebee with honkeytonk)
i may be and probly am worng having never used guitar pro but it sounds like you could just start your lyrics with a few spaces to make them appear where you want
Quote by Td_Nights
All right...

It says it's downloaded and all on my computer, yet when I try opening it, it just re-installs itself.

wat operating system are you using?
Quote by Td_Nights
All right...

Are you sure you're not just clicking the install file again?

Try going to the PT folder in Program Files and open it from there.
Alright major problem for me. I'm working on a tab, but then all of a sudden Guitar Pro crashes. Now I can't open my file anymore. All the other Guitar Pro files work except the one I'm working on. The first time it happened, I made another file and started from the beginning. I really don't want to start all over again. For precaution I had even made a backup file and that one doesn't work either. Anyone know what's going on? I'm using the Mac version if that helps.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Is there anyway to make a note fade out on guitar pro?
I found fade in, but I can't find fade out.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I got one for you guys.

For some reason now whenever I open a tab on guitar pro 5 it doesnt show alot of symbols, mainly the actual numbers, its just a blank space. Like if I typed in "5" on the bar, a blank spot would show up instead of a 5. So I cant read any of the tabs I open.

Any ideas?
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
I have two questions about Power Tab.

How do you use the let ring thing? I selected the note, hit the let ring option.... but playing it it doesn't do it.

and, on the score checker, what does it mean when it says "Staff 1 - Measure Empty"? I can't figure out what is saying is wrong. screenshot attached, chopped up a lot cuz it was so big of course.... and I don't feel like loading it to photobucket
Attachments:
pt.PNG
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Dec 19, 2007,
Is there a way to get Guitar Pro to show what chord is being used?
Quote by Mike-T
Is there a way to get Guitar Pro to show what chord is being used?

If you have the note with the chord highlighted (so basically you're on that chord), click the little box that says "Am" (A-minor) with a little chord diagram (next to TXT and the mix table) and it'll bring up a popup showing the chord name and any other ways of playing that chord.

Quote by SGStriker
Is there anyway to make a note fade out on guitar pro?
I found fade in, but I can't find fade out.

Using the mix-table, decrease but over a variable number of beats (1-16).
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Quote by Paul Lambeth
If you have the note with the chord highlighted (so basically you're on that chord), click the little box that says "Am" (A-minor) with a little chord diagram (next to TXT and the mix table) and it'll bring up a popup showing the chord name and any other ways of playing that chord

I meant, is there a way to make it show up above the tab at all times like most tabs on the internet and in books have, to show the chord changes as they happen? I find it very helpful as a noob. Like this...

Am...........D
-----------------2-----
---2------------3-----
---3------------2-----
---3-------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------