Page 5 of 33
Quote by Mike-T
I meant, is there a way to make it show up above the tab at all times like most tabs on the internet and in books have, to show the chord changes as they happen? I find it very helpful as a noob. Like this...

Am...........D
-----------------2-----
---2------------3-----
---3------------2-----
---3-------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------

Ahh, not automatically. You can do the same as I did, click "ok" at the popup and it'll label the chord. It'll only label on the chord on the actual instrument though. Else you can just use happy old text.

(By the way that's not an Am)
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I have two questions about Power Tab.

How do you use the let ring thing? I selected the note, hit the let ring option.... but playing it it doesn't do it.

and, on the score checker, what does it mean when it says "Staff 1 - Measure Empty"? I can't figure out what is saying is wrong. screenshot attached, chopped up a lot cuz it was so big of course.... and I don't feel like loading it to photobucket

For the first question you need to use the let ring option over the duration you want let rung. If you wish for one note you need to tie that single note over the duration you want tied.

The second, The measure is empty as in there's no notes in those measures. So either you need a rest or you erase the measure if youre not using it.
How do you get power tab? Is it free?
Quote by slidething31
Blues men don't wear band T shirts.
stealth - Change them into midi files using whatever programme you see fit. It'll probably work less well than you'd hope though.
biohazardist - Powertab is free - http://www.power-tab.net/guitar.php to download. Guitar Pro costs around $60.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Quote by Paul Lambeth
Ahh, not automatically. You can do the same as I did, click "ok" at the popup and it'll label the chord. It'll only label on the chord on the actual instrument though. Else you can just use happy old text.

(By the way that's not an Am)

Oops, you are right I meant the b string to be a 1 and then a 2 and a 2, sorry about that, did it up in a hurry.
ok, thanks... and another problem

|--------------------------------------
|1---0-1-----1---0-1-------------------
|--------2-----------2-----------------
|0---------0---------------------------
|------------3-------------------------
 ^         ^ 

how would I tie these two A's together so that the A string rings while the other notes are being played?

edit: and what's wrong with this? how is measure 2 empty? (attached)
Attachments:
pt1.PNG
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Dec 21, 2007,
Does anyone know how to export WAV files on Vista in Guitar Pro? I'm using only MIDI not RSE -- the programmers said RSE was impossible on Vista -- but am still getting no sound. I click file, export, wav, press play, press stop and nothing.
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Quote by BadBishop
Does anyone know how to export WAV files on Vista in Guitar Pro? I'm using only MIDI not RSE -- the programmers said RSE was impossible on Vista -- but am still getting no sound. I click file, export, wav, press play, press stop and nothing.

You need a computer mic.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
ok, thanks... and another problem

|1---0-1-----1---0-1-------------------
|--------2-----------2-----------------
|0---------0---------------------------
|------------3-------------------------
^ ^

how would I tie these two A's together so that the A string rings while the other notes are being played?

edit: and what's wrong with this? how is measure 2 empty? (attached)

Send me the powertab file. It's best with a visual tutorial.
How can I set strumming patterns in Guitar Pro 5.2? I have some acoustic-based songs which I want to tab for future reference. I tried, but it's really difficult. You have to change the exact notes and stuff, hence it can get really irritating. Anyone knows any easy methods?
Last edited by hriday_hazarika at Dec 23, 2007,
yo, can nebody hewlp me find ,
through nose or mouth,
by through you,
on gp,
i cant find it newhere
u have to download the tab from the internet, i thoght it worked like that too
^is that a request? you don't ask that here.

Quote by hriday_hazarika
How can I set strumming patterns in Guitar Pro 5.2? I have some acoustic-based songs which I want to tab for future reference. I tried, but it's really difficult. You have to change the exact notes and stuff, hence it can get really irritating. Anyone knows any easy methods?

uhmm, keep trying it. it does take alot of work.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Seth Shadows
^is that a request? you don't ask that here.

uhmm, keep trying it. it does take alot of work.

Do you have any sample patterns which I can build on?
^Well thats kinda... giving away composing secrets =P
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Quote by Seth Shadows
^Well thats kinda... giving away composing secrets =P

come on, please, begging you...
Dude, =P sorryyyy, I can't give away composing secrets. Then there'll be other songs like mine. that's no fun.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Quote by Seth Shadows
Dude, =P sorryyyy, I can't give away composing secrets. Then there'll be other songs like mine. that's no fun.

oh all right...(sighs)...never mind...can you at least give me some suggestions/tips? i'm not asking you to give away your secrets man..just help out a guy in need...(hopeful smile)....
For Gutiar Pro-Is there any way to turn the tabs you downloaded from let's say ultimate-guitar to chords?
Not in one action, but you can display the chord names individually using the box "Am". It'll keep the original tab, so it's probably not what you want.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Help me anyone?

Ever since I put a new hard drive in my computer, this has happened.
www.myspace.com/nirvana_rox_ryda_j

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.
There's no toilet in the kitchen.

Quote by Yan Yan
!

This thread was made back when i had my old 06 account.

Can I somehow export my songs in audio, using the Real sound pack instead of midi?
Want to know my favourite band? Read my name backwards.

Ltd Viper-500
quick question, how do i simulate a pick scrape in Guitar pro
Quote by 7stringusr
+99999999999999999999999999999999

Guitars

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
"Jackson Warrior" (still needs funding)

Amplol

Crate GT65

Pedals

Vox Satchurator
Cry Baby
Phraser

My Last.fm

Fallout 3 Data
ryda_jay_1991, I can't see because I'm on my cell phone right now, but when i get home I'll look.

Detnuah_Eht, record it with a computer mic or audacity.

Into The Unknow, the best you can do that is use mutes or the "guitar fret noise" tremolopicked acending or decending from the note and string you want scraped.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Quote by Seth Shadows
ryda_jay_1991, re-install the guitar pro font.

Thanks mate, s'all good now.

www.myspace.com/nirvana_rox_ryda_j

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.
There's no toilet in the kitchen.

Quote by Yan Yan
!

This thread was made back when i had my old 06 account.

can somebody tell me the latest version of GP? i have some version of 5 that my uncle gave me, but since mine isn't teh real one i can't get updates, but for some reason neither can he (maybe his copy was given to him too, i don't know) so i was just wondering what teh latest version is
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Guitar Pro 5.3 ^

but you wont find it in torrents so try Guitar Pro 5.2
Quote by Cobain_is_king

well it's because i have GP5, but at least half of the tabs i download now don't work because "you need the latest version of the Guitar Pro software.." blah blah...and most of the songs that do this, tehres only one, or all the otehrs are rated 2 stars or something, but thx for your help
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
i just downloaded power tab but i can`t find the option where i can disable the view of the notes. i just want to see the tab. can somebody tell me were i can find that option. i klicked through all the menus withoug success. thx!
^Uhmm, Download and install Brad Larson's "Powertab" software?
Then download tabs and open them up.
Quote by FRAQ@AQ
i just downloaded power tab but i can`t find the option where i can disable the view of the notes. i just want to see the tab. can somebody tell me were i can find that option. i klicked through all the menus withoug success. thx!

This question is asked alot. No you cannot get rid of the musical notes. Live with it.
Quote by ChaoticVengence
well it's because i have GP5, but at least half of the tabs i download now don't work because "you need the latest version of the Guitar Pro software.." blah blah...and most of the songs that do this, tehres only one, or all the otehrs are rated 2 stars or something, but thx for your help

yeah, get the newest version of guitar pro. Either buy it like a decent human being >.> or torrent it.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

I cant hear any MIDI sound at all. My RSE works, but i prefer the MIDI sounds.

It disappeared first from gp4, and then i installed gp5 and now it has disappeared there too.
It says on GPs support that i can check something by opening Windows Volume Control, but i cant open that...
I want the sound back!

Anyone knows how to fix this?
I can't print of any sheet music off of Power tab - It just prints of a white page, is there anything I should change for it to print out? Like changing the settings or something?
^I'm sorry, I have no clue.

Quote by Tallmannen
I cant hear any MIDI sound at all. My RSE works, but i prefer the MIDI sounds.

It disappeared first from gp4, and then i installed gp5 and now it has disappeared there too.
It says on GPs support that i can check something by opening Windows Volume Control, but i cant open that...
I want the sound back!

Anyone knows how to fix this?

you perfer the MIDI? lmao. Well, do you know HOW to open the windows volume control?
Quote by Cobain_is_king