tone sounds absolutely specTACular, would love to know what you're running that beautiful S series through!

edit: was a wee bit dissapointed with the solo, i saw how comfortable you was with the rhythm, i just expected you to rip that thing out, but i think you should check the tab...sounds like you're tapping on the wrong string or something? still an awesome cover however!
Last edited by audiorapist at Jul 3, 2007,
running it dry through a Marshall MG. Yea i know, a puppy is killed everytime someone buys an MG but it works for me. Id love a 5150 though...

edit: yea i know, i messed up the solo but i was happy with the rest of the song so i thought i would just upload what i had and maybe try it again later...
not bad dude, not bad at all

nailed the harmonics in the intro

keep it up
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
not bad dude, not bad at all

nailed the harmonics in the intro

keep it up

thanks man
WOW thats thru a MG?

but yeah solo could use a fine polish, but overall the song is good
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
You have a nice tone even if you're using an MG, you're getting the best out of it. I agree with audiorapist, the solo doesn't sound right. When you start that little tap lick at 2:19, make sure you bend the G string at the 9th fret, then tap at the 14th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 14th, and 12th in that order. And there was just a couple other mistakes that you can fix yourself. But, aside from that, everything was good.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
thanks for the comments guys. The next thing i wanna work on is cleaning up my soloing...
thanks for the comments guys. The next thing i wanna work on is cleaning up my soloing

edit: stupid double post
yeah, the solo is the only major flaw, sounds like it's tapped on the wrong string....
Exar Kun of the UG Jedi Order, PM tamargoguitar to join!!

I like you, but you're crazy. Oh look, a flying monkey....

I fart in your general direction. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Quote by speshul k 1207
yeah, the solo is the only major flaw, sounds like it's tapped on the wrong string....

I tried what Bpags868 told me to do (bend the G string on the 9th fret while tapping the 14th, 12th, 14th, etc.. and it sounds much better
uh

well your tone is good (for an MG) so when you upgrade, go tube

for the cover, I can't really explain but you don't have everything perfect (pinch harmonics, rests etc)

good job though
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
wow dude
that wsa great
those tythyms came to you easily
GREAT JOB!
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Are you using any distortion pedals? or is it all MG?

(The cover was great btw).
Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.
Quote by sword shredder
Are you using any distortion pedals? or is it all MG?

(The cover was great btw).

thanks

no pedals, all MG
i love how everyone reads all the stuff they hear on UG about mgs and spiders and completeley drown themselves in the idea about how terrible they are...
Quote by dagget
i love how everyone reads all the stuff they hear on UG about mgs and spiders and completeley drown themselves in the idea about how terrible they are...

yea...sure they're no 5150's but they are decent for practice although i have to admit, you could get a decent tube amp for the price of an mg...
agreed they are borderline amps, but they are certainly not nearly as aweful as everyone makes them out to be on UG
Quote by dagget
agreed they are borderline amps, but they are certainly not nearly as aweful as everyone makes them out to be on UG

agree completely
Well played, this song is alot of fun to play, all your harmonics were clean as most of the song is however I would work on the solo a little bit more, especially the tapping part

Please Crit this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oqW7hQiwo8w
Last edited by jim_smith at Jul 7, 2007,
Quote by jim_smith
Well played, this song is alot of fun to play, all your harmonics were clean as most of the song is however I would work on the solo a little bit more, especially the tapping part

Please Crit this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oqW7hQiwo8w

good job. pretty tight. Adding some vibrato to some of the riffs might give the song a little more character
Quote by FRDesign
I have no clue why everyone hates MG's

I think it's because they sound bad when turned up to compete with a drummer... My AVT sounds fine when practising but turns to complete mud and harshness when playing with a band
Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.
moul, could you record it again with the change you made to the solo so we can once again hear you in all your greatness?
Exar Kun of the UG Jedi Order, PM tamargoguitar to join!!

I like you, but you're crazy. Oh look, a flying monkey....

I fart in your general direction. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Quote by speshul k 1207
moul, could you record it again with the change you made to the solo so we can once again hear you in all your greatness?

lol
i will eventually