I'm REALLY starting to get ticked off, i cannot play anything but blues, i came and asked before about a week or two and people said try using dorian scale so i did. and guess what im using A dorian and im STILL playing blues, i think its my phrasing i cant help but use full bends alot---of B|--8-------- and B|-12b(14)p10-----
G|-10b(12)-___G|-----------------12- [ /end code]

what should i do instead of these??? like what would be the metal form of those things
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Last edited by lua4x at Jul 3, 2007,
1 sec.. fixing it up
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
I'm REALLY starting to get ticked off, i cannot play anything but blues, i came and asked before about a week or two and people said try using dorian scale so i did. and guess what im using A dorian and im STILL playing blues, i think its my phrasing i cant help but use full bends alot---of B|--8-------- and B|-12b(14)p10-----
G|-10b(12)-___G|-----------------12-

what should i do instead of these??? like what would be the metal form of those things

Wrap your tabs with
 and 
if you want them to make sense .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
the metal thing would be add chugs in the mix, and don't focus on scales or keys or anythig, just play something, if it sounds bad...youron the right track
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by cefasnacht
what's wrong with playing the blues, metal sux anyway!

Hey! Metal DOES NOT sux! you just dont like it
"...And the guy thats on the ground, that needs some help, you dont walk up and kick him. If you do that you better be wearing shoes for a while. 'Cause you know what? Trade places with him.. he'll pick you up." Stevie Ray Vaughan
Real metal can be blues on overdrive.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Well, start by asking yourself what you DO want to play, instead of what you don't. Once you know what you WANT to do, come back and tell us, and we'll get you on the right track.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
You're leaving the sixth out. Much less bluesy with the sixth.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
hehe i got this same problem too. doesnt bother me much tho. i loooove my blues XD
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
like i love playing the blues but like i want to be able to play metal because i love metal as much as i love the blues, "You're leaving the sixth out. Much less bluesy with the sixth" the sixth? like the F#/Gb? i dont get what your saying out that.
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
i know the bends can get really addictive, but when i need to play something metal, i simply stay away from bends and the swing kinda feel. i tend to throw in some palm muted stuff inbetween alot of notes, and i try to play in minor. im not the best when it comes to music theory, but i do believe the sixth is to create tension, which should help make it sound less bluesy. just what i do. good luck tho
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
oh, and you guys DO know this is for metal LEAD, im so dumb i forgot to add that.. my bad
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by bigbunny
i know the bends can get really addictive, but when i need to play something metal, i simply stay away from bends and the swing kinda feel. i tend to throw in some palm muted stuff inbetween alot of notes, and i try to play in minor. im not the best when it comes to music theory, but i do believe the sixth is to create tension, which should help make it sound less bluesy. just what i do. good luck tho

You leave bending out?

You should still bend and lay on notes even playing metal, it'll give your lead playing more character. If you notice any of the great shredders can play very fast.. very heavy but they'll bend and lay on notes that really strike the listener.