I have a question
I went and bought strings for my 6-string electric guitar.
Well, I accidentally bought some for a 7-string instead.
And I got to thinking, I play tuned down low, so it would give me a deeper sound if I put the 7th string in the 6th strings spot.

I did this, but I am wondering if this is bad for the neck or not.
The string gauges are as follows (low to high); .059, .038, .028, .018, .014, .011.
Could this be putting toomuch tension on the neck? I keep my guitar tuned to Drop Db, so it is lower than standard tuning.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
my geetar teacher has a seafoam green fender that looks totally innocent until he plugs it in and blows your face off revealing that it's a 7-string minus the high e string. so i think it works. but don't qoute me.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
shouldnt hurt anyting, .59 isnt much heavier than a standard E (usually about what .54-.55-ish)
Quote by metalhead_99801
my geetar teacher has a seafoam green fender that looks totally innocent until he plugs it in and blows your face off revealing that it's a 7-string minus the high e string. so i think it works. but don't qoute me.

lol, I just quoted you.

Yeah, Ive heard of that, but I don't know about this particular guitar, as it is a gibson with a glue-in neck, which may not be as strong as a fender, which is bolt-on.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
well, the extra low string is designed to be a "b" so a c# would be a bit too tight for it. you could try drop b, but the other strings would still be either really tight or fairly loose depending on how you use the other strings. just use the reagular strings and save the low b for someone that needs it.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it