EDIT: THE TITLE HAS BEEN CHANGED!
------ It is no longer "Sleeping With Ghosts", as that is apparently taken. The new song title is "Dreams of Being".

It's been a crazy long time since I've posted anything, but I just finished up the first draft of the new song I've written, and I wanted a few opinions.

Link = http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=207566205
or
http://facade.dmusic.com/

It's the one on top, called "Dreams Of Being". Be as critical as you like, tell me about the tone, quality, feel, etc. And of course, crit for crit...just leave a link and I'll critique whatever you got.

Thanks, and enjoy

EDIT: Thanks for the heads-up on the title. 'Tis been renamed.
I don't know why it's not playing, but I'll see if I can fix anything.
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.
Last edited by Piltdown at Jul 3, 2007,
loading.......loading...........loading..........wait..****........loading............never mind i cant wait any more
Haven't got to hear the track yet, however, I must say - you may want to alter the title a bit, as its also the same of that of a placebo album\song.

I'm also having the same issue as that bloke, there. Loading...
Nice quality recording...decent guitar playing...obviously your a pretty good guitar player...i like the dynamics of the song as well...
Right off the bat, the recording is done very well, cutos to that!

Nice song, I quite enjoyed it! The acoustic parts had a nice vibe to them.

The solo riff and the solo itself were cool, Great work!
Can't wait to hear some more!!

Crit Mine?
GEAR:
SCHECTER "Diamond Series" REVENGER Guitar
VOX AD30VT Amp
ZOOM HD16CD Digital Mulit-Track Recorder
1 SHURE SM-57,1 Audio-Technica AT2035, 1 APEX 435 Mic. & 2 APEX 180 Condencer Mics
Edited with Audacity & Adobe Audition 3
Wow man that was really ****in cool. It kept me guessing and on my toes the whole way. The intro blew my mind on the first listen.. I dont really hear things too often that make me go wtfffffffff, but that was really cool. You did everything right in this song.. I really cant say much to improve on.

I don't know if you are planning to have vocals, but I think you could do something really cool like only have a few lines of vocals, maybe during the acoustic part with the lead. Just a few lines to provoke some crazy thought. I'm not a fan of the emocore/whatevercore 30 seconds to mars style vocals, but it seems like they would be the style to go over the distorted parts.. I'd be interested to see what you would do with this. I'd like to see the few lines of vox over the acoustic part to make this feel a little more complete as a song - it doesnt quite feel like an instrumental.
This song is definitely not meant to be instrumental. I would've added a lot more instrumentation and a melody line if it had. Thanks a ton guys, I'll get to yours after I get home later today
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.
HOLY **** KID
YOU ARE A NATURAL.

...WOW.
slight emo-esque, dare I say? Not a bad thing, by any means.

WOW, man.
...****.

and thank you for taking the title alteration into consideration.
You sir, keep your head high - you will go far.

may I ask something? what are you using to do the drum beats?

WOW.
WOW.
Composure out the wazzooo.
Thanks for the crit!
Let me start by saying I don't know much about this kind of music but I think this is really great. The introduction is really fantastic. It reminds me of the Fall of Troy in a way. I really like the way you explore contrast in the piece. The recording quality is superb and the quitar playing is quite excellent.

The only problem I really had with it was that you don't makes enough use of the material you have. I mean, in the quiet section, I would have stretched this out a lot more and repated the section a couple of times. I think it could make the sudden change in dynamics much more effective. The outro with the piano was really effective though.

Also, I don't think you should add vocals. I know it's not meant to be an instrumental piece but a song, but it works quite well as one. By all means experiment with adding vocals but I think what you have there is fine as it is.
Anyway, great work!
Awesome work, I love instrumentals, and I would say this is by far the best work I've heard that I have run-across on this site so far. I haven't been exploring long, but the quality was great, the sound was great, the dynamics were great... just keep composing man, it was awesome.