I'm pretty sure it's with the truss rod, (Well I think it depends if you have a set neck or not. Mine isn't a bolt on so I think it's with the truss rod.
You can try to buy a new saddle thats a bit taller to raise it, if that is where it needs to be higher.
Oh yeah the saddle...

I totally wasn't thinking of that.

Do that he said

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A taller saddle will raise your action.
Take your strings off & it should just fall out of the bridge.

Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
^Lowering the action is most commonly done by sanding down the saddle a little. This may sometimes need to be accompanied by adjustments to the nut aswell.
Yes tom here is a pic of one of mine
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Nirvana-Man the truss rod while it can change your action is not for action "height" adustment. It is for adjusting the amount of bow/relief that the neck has. Saddle & or nut are the easiest way to adust your action "height"
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
1st decide how much your action needs to go down, pull the strings off, slip the saddle out of the bridge , get a piece of medium/fine grade sandpaper, lay it on a flat surface (desk, workbench, table) now holding the saddle along its length, simply rub the bottom of the saddle on the sandpaper, till you have the desired height. 1mm off the saddle will go approx 0.5mm lower action.
Just a side point that the little 'e' can go a lot lower than the big 'E'
Also if your neck has a radius (curve on the frets) i usually curve the top of the saddle to match the radius of the fretboard. but this is not as easy to do.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
I've gotta note one thing: If you need to adjust the action on your acoustic guitar it must be one hell of a **** box. Bloody poor effort on the companies behalf in production.
Quote by Kikuta
I've gotta note one thing: If you need to adjust the action on your acoustic guitar it must be one hell of a **** box. Bloody poor effort on the companies behalf in production.

That was quite on topic wasn't it. Adjusting the action on an acoustic is more complicated than on an electric but it's not like you are doing anything that will require life insurance.

To TS. DON'T TOUCH THE TRUSS ROD. If you want to know why look here
Yes realistically the only time i have ever needed to adust a truss rod is when going down in string size i.e. from 12's to say 9's or 10's.

Of course that is on guitars that didnt have other problems when they arrived. (high fret , low fret , neck warpage , twist , damage or neck angle)
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!