I'm heading up to guitar center's sale tomorrow morning and am looking to get into blues/rock guitar (hendrix, cream, etc). What are some effects I should look into? All I have now for pedals is a noise suppressor and a 10-band EQ, and I plug those into a 6505+. Obviously, the 6505+ isn't a blues amp, but I'm not much of a blues player, either. I'm just looking to spend up to around $240 or so on 2 or 3 effects to allow me to pull off a few hendrix/zeppelin solos and eventually come up with some of my own (I've played metal exclusively for about three or four years now). Any recommendations? At the moment I'm looking at an EHX Holy Grail and a boss blues driver. Thanks for your help.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (EMG 81/85)
Peavey 6505+
old Marshall 4x12
ISP decimator
MXR 10-band equalizer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Foxx Clean Machine
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Small Stone
member, electro-harmonix users' guild
Tube Screamer and Univibe/Univibe clone for that Hendrix effect, a wah too if you dont have one.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
deffently get the blues driver. you could get an ibanez tube screamer for a boost, like if your doing a solo so you can be heard over a band for a solo. you could get a vox wah wah pedal, i believe the V847. it runs for about $100. blues and classic rock doesnt use much effects.
Well I'm kinda against getting a tubescreamer, because even though they are great pedals, I can use my MXR eq for a midrage boost for a solo. And it's not like I would need any more gain than I already have for this kind of classic rock. Thanks for your recommendations though, I'll have to look into that wah. How about reverb, is it essential? Unfortunately, the 6505+ has none.
Peavey 6505+
old Marshall 4x12
ISP decimator
MXR 10-band equalizer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Foxx Clean Machine
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Small Stone
i always use delay when i play blues. maybe you could get one? also an overdrive pedal might be good for low gain stuff. i dont know how good the 6505 is at low gain though.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Reverb isn't essential, i don't suppose, but it's very nice. A wah pedal would be a great purchase. I suggest a Vox V848 or V847A, if you can find one. Or, you may look into more boutique brands such as RMC if you want to spend the majority of your money on a wah pedal.

On second though, if you REALLY want some good blues tone, maybe put your $240 towards a Fender Champion 600.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Haha yeah I thought about a new amp, but I'm definitely not serious enough about the blues to invest in an amp solely for the genre! I'm thinking maybe just a Vox wah and the BD-2 will be satisfactory. And InanezGuitars44, the 6505+ is suprisingly decent at low gain on the rhythm channel, I can get Sabbath- or the Sword-like tones out of it with no effects.
Peavey 6505+
old Marshall 4x12
ISP decimator
MXR 10-band equalizer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Foxx Clean Machine
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Small Stone
The Champion 600 is only $200..... <_< >_>
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...