Has anyone heard the new Cornell CD Carry On? It's absolutely great! Each song sounds completely different from all the others, and his voice sounds better than it did when Audioslave started (if you can believe that).

I didn't know how to classify this album so I put it here...what do you all think??
Well both Soundarden and Audislave stuff goes here so I guess it's where a thread about him should go.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
hey cool, I'm terrible about classifying music. It either goes in the "I like it" or "NOT" category.

Liked James Bond? You should get Carry On...since You Know My Name isn't on the soundtrack (suck).

But israel your quote about Good Charlotte is farking hysterical...suffered through them once at a festival just to see Audioslave. The crowd was chanting AUDIOSLAVE AUDIOSLAVE while GC was torturing us. yep, terrible...
i agree on the quote part

to contribute to the topic, i don't like chris cornell's solo stuff
i thought soundgarden was his best stuff, audioslave definitely was good, but not comparable imo, his solo stuff is just..him being slimey (its sad that an icon like him turned out that way)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
If you're talking about his work in Soundgarden, I love his voice. However, if you're referring to his solo stuff, I don't believe UG has a "shit" sub-forum yet.....
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
If you're talking about his work in Soundgarden, I love his voice. However, if you're referring to his solo stuff, I don't believe UG has a "shit" sub-forum yet.....

You just owned his solo material. I assume it is classified as Modern Rock. I've never heard anything from his solo career though.
I got Euphoria Morning yesterday and i must say

its the best thing i have heard in years. I am hooked to it the songs, there is just no words to describe how great they are.
Chris Cornell's solo work is pathetic. I loved the "you know my name" James Bond theme song, but other than that, nothing good.
the proud owner of:
Martin OMC-1E acoustic
ESP Ltd Viper 301 vintage sunburst
PEAVEY classic 50 212 combo amp
I listened to Euphoria Morning a few times.

Can't remember one song from it.

Doesn't mean it was ****, I just wasn't grabbed by anything from it at all
Quote by str84ever

its the best thing i have heard in years. I am hooked to it the songs, there is just no words to describe how great they are.

Euphoria Morning actually took me a couple listens to get, I think. Now it's something that is constantly in my CD player...I have had to make multiple copies because I keep wearing out the CDs. The lyrics are absolutely incredible.

His new album has a song on it called Killing Birds which is really haunting and actually kind of creepy. It jumps out at me as one of the best, though it's not a single or anything. Definitely check out the new album, it's quite different.
"I've seen angels fall from blinding heights
But you yourself are nothing so divine
Just next in line." ~Chris Cornell, You Know My Name
I'd like to put him somewhere I"d never have to hear his annoying voice again. I've always disliked his voice. I find his voice to whinny. In everysong he fels the need to go nnuuhhhaaaaaaa somewhere.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I listened to Euphoria Morning a few times.

Can't remember one song from it.

Doesn't mean it was ****, I just wasn't grabbed by anything from it at all

Same here. Nothing really outstanding. Carry On is kinda ... meh. You Know My Name was good, but everything else is kind of bland, and I'll be honest, his voice is inconsistent anymore. I think he's aware of it himself, and doesn't write songs the way he used to with Soundgarden.

Chris Cornell is one of those artists where you either really love his solo stuff, or you are underwhelmed. Doesn't really seem to be a middle ground.
Discolored skin gives me away.
That new single is horrible. He went to crap after the first Audioslave CD.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by str84ever

This CD literally changed my out look on music. His voice is completely unique. His lyrics are some of the best I have ever heard. EUPHORIA MORNING is the absolute best. I know every word to every song on it, and I would buy all of his solo CD's. Seriously, give it a shot if you haven't, and keep trying to like it if you don't, because it's amazing once you understand it. The lyrics to Pillow of You Bones are incredible. Does anyone know what it's about though? It's kind of cryptic. Follow My Way is awesome too.

Also, with Carry On- I love Ghosts and Scar On The Sky. Also, I like that bonus track, Today. Chris Cornell has the COOLEST hair too. I think he knows it. My favorite picture in the whole world is the one on the back of the Euphoria Morning case, because he just looks so cool with that hair.
Last edited by Violet Addler at Feb 17, 2008,
Quote by Violet Addler
This CD literally changed my out look on music. His voice is completely unique. His lyrics are some of the best I have ever heard. EUPHORIA MORNING is the absolute best. I know every word to every song on it, and I would buy all of his solo CD's. Seriously, give it a shot if you haven't, and keep trying to like it if you don't, because it's amazing once you understand it. The lyrics to Pillow of You Bones are incredible. Does anyone know what it's about though? It's kind of cryptic. Follow My Way is awesome too.

Also, with Carry On- I love Ghosts and Scar On The Sky. Also, I like that bonus track, Today. Chris Cornell has the COOLEST hair too. I think he knows it. My favorite picture in the whole world is the one on the back of the Euphoria Morning case, because he just looks so cool with that hair.

Is that you, Chris Cornell?
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
I actually like Chris Cornell. I haven't heard any of his solo stuff though but Soundgarden and Audioslave are 2 of my favourite bands...
Quote by rich_sg
Is that you, Chris Cornell?

No. I just think he's awesome. I'm not advertising for him or anything, although reading over my post it seems like it. He's just really cool.