I just had an awesome idea, but I don't know if it might be bad for my guitar.

Do ya'll think it would be bad for my guitar to push down the wammy bar, and find something to stick under the... little metal thing that comes up... so that i could tune it to like Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb without actually screwin around with everything?
why would you want to do that? but i dont think it would hurt anything, but its kinda pointless cuz its really hard to get the right tuning off the whammy bar, you'd have to barely BARELY push it and that would be hard to get to stay
Quote by mista cricket
Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

I use a Dvorak keyboard; put this in your sig if you do too.
Just tune down you lazy bastard. But good idea though.

Plus i like the sig. Good song

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
It's just a half step down, just tune your guitar down. It's not that hard. And they already invented something that does that. It's called a Trans-Trem system and it's on some Steinberger guitars.

Too bad they don't have that on every guitar. It's a great invention. You push the bar down or up and you can lock it into place.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
well, I tried it, but it didn't really work too good.... somehow the strings weren't really tuned relative to each other... so I sadi **** it, and just tuned everything down the half-step
Quote by The4thHorsemen
well, I tried it, but it didn't really work too good.... somehow the strings weren't really tuned relative to each other... so I sadi **** it, and just tuned everything down the half-step

Good decision. Your idea was good in theory, but in execution it doesn't work so well. I tried something similar on my starter strat.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83