Hey guys you all gave awesome advice last time so I gotta another question but first thank you NickSV for that website sick Sh** anyway I just started improving yesterday and Im doing alright Im jammin to songs and stuff and i almost have all the minor pentatonics memorized, but im having trouble with finding what key every song is in, so far what ive been doing is playing every chord until it matches and doesnt sound wrong, so I need some tips on staying in the right key. Anything would be great thanks again.
ahahahah ok so find the tonic/root/home chord; this will take a little ear training experience, but usual you can simply 'feel' it. hopefully you'll be able to tell whether the song is in a major or minor mode. the key of that song will therefore be in that key, unless the song is in a different mode but most popular music doesnt tend to be that way.
I think I got a good ear but I dont know what a tonic/Root/home chord is. But I think I might know what your talking about (God Im such a noob at this THEORY sh**)
Quote by MsOsRsEiLcLkO
I think I got a good ear but I dont know what a tonic/Root/home chord is. But I think I might know what your talking about (God Im such a noob at this THEORY sh**)

the tonic is usualy always at the start or end of each section
you'll hear it a lot so you will know what i mean
To stay in key, you first need to know what key the song is in. This is generally what the first note or chord is, but not always. Next, memorize what notes are in the key, and then play the notes in the key. Of course, you can be adventurous and go out of key for a note or two, but make sure you come back into key.