Well im getting ready to order myself a unfinished strat body this week from warmoth only thing im debating still is the trem setup recessed and non. Question if its recessed how well would something put near the base stabilize it ( ie keep it from recessing while playing and make similar non-recessed maintence practices applicable). ?
I presume you want Floyd Rose on it if your considering a body with a trem rout. If so then i don't think you have to recess it but it depends if you want to do upbends. And what do you mean by stabilise it, Hold it totally still.
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
floyd rose is the trem im going with ( dont hear to much about others ). Yes by stablize not perfectly still that would be a whole other project in itself. I just want to if need by get it as motionless as possible and later unstick it and go satriani and vai on it.
So you want to lock it into position and then change it to going crazy mid-song. I cant think of any way of doing that but it should be good with it just floating or if you just sit it flat on the body and unable to do upbends.
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
well not unlock it mid song just secure it one day and then the next day un block it and go crazy.
think i found what im looking for found this thing called tremol-no its a lock for the trem. Theres a video on youtube that was pretty damn good.