Anyone have one or tried it yet?
looks like a great amp but I'm not sure its up to sounding like the bigger amps...

Also $500 is a little high for my taste in a small amp but heck, if it really sounds like Satriani's bigger amps I may get one...
than again I could save for the 212 combo... but that's a lot of money even compared to the mini amp......

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-JSX-Mini-Colossal-Guitar-Amp?sku=480777

I'm not sure how much info everyone will have on this amp as it seems to be fairly new but any info on how well it sounds and works would be great.
The mini doesn't seem to be very flexible. For the same money you can almost buy a new XXX 40w combo and have full control of your sound.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
The XXX is a horrible amp, from what I hear. Lots of people say the distortion sounds fizzy. If you wait a few weeks, Joe may be coming out with a new amp. He's got a mysterious countdown thing on his homepage, and there have been rumors of medium-sized amps like his. Who knows...
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
The XXX is a horrible amp, from what I hear. Lots of people say the distortion sounds fizzy. If you wait a few weeks, Joe may be coming out with a new amp. He's got a mysterious countdown thing on his homepage, and there have been rumors of medium-sized amps like his. Who knows...

I think the countdown is for a re-release of Surfing With The Alien since it's the 20th anniversary and all. I couldn't really see a countdown on his site for gear. There is barely any mention of his signature amp and guitar on his site.

Wait for a little bit. I predict a 50 watt 2 channel JSX coming out soon.
Except they've already announced it. It would be a major letdown, to, say, everyone.

And yeah, smaller amps are bound to happen soon anyways.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y

Ummm I've tried a XXX and it sounded pretty damn good. Maybe people haven't figured out what the presence knob is for and have that turned all the way up?

And even if they announced new JSX amps, they won't be hitting the market for 4-6 months afterwards. When did the mini colossal ads start being published? When did the amps actually make it into stores to be bought?

Not quite sure what the announcement will be. SWTA 20th has already been announced, so not sure why they'd make a big deal about it. Could be a line of effects, new amp or since summer NAMM is only a few weeks away, maybe a new Ibanez JS model (getting close to the 20th year of the JS series).
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by tubab0y
Except they've already announced it. It would be a major letdown, to, say, everyone.

And yeah, smaller amps are bound to happen soon anyways.

Yeah, major letdown or not, that's what I see the countdown actually standing for.

NAMM isn't really the be all end all for gear and neither is SWTA. Lately, companies haven't really been using those shows to debut much if anything. And the time frame for the release of the mini colossal doesn't speak for the release schedule for anything else. Yeah, it took a few months for them to actually get the amp on the shelves, but you never know the promotion schedule for the next piece of gear or line of product.
By SWTA, I thought you meant surfing with the alien.

Surprise releases like what he's doing now is a good marketing scheme, though.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Im not sure is it true but didnt he like use that amp for some of the recording of he's newest album?
I am prolly wrong but I remember someone told me that when I said "600euro for that little piece of ****??"
It's $500, so yeah, probably 600euro. And he says that he used it for Just like Lightnin'.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by tristboyer
no its not on the site it says that it is coming out aug 7 and thers is only 7 days left...

Yup. Just checked. There was a Mini Colossal at my local store but I couldn't try it.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by tubab0y
It's $500, so yeah, probably 600euro. And he says that he used it for Just like Lightnin'.

massive currency conversion failure. 600 Euro is about $800. It's really about 320 Euro, but when you add all that crazy import tax and stuff that seems to drive up stuff like that, it's probably closer to 500 Euro, hopefully not 600, that's ridiculous.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by tubab0y

yea im keeping an eye on that too
The countdown graphics are in the style of the surfing album cover so it'll probably be a anniversary show extravaganza.

Expect something like a G3 on steroids with Satch and Vai doing a duet of Satch boogie.
Ibanez RG2570
Engl Screamer 50 Combo
Keeley Flexi TS-9
EH Metal Muff
Quote by ^Aquila^
The countdown graphics are in the style of the surfing album cover so it'll probably be a anniversary show extravaganza.

Expect something like a G3 on steroids with Satch and Vai doing a duet of Satch boogie.

That would be cool!
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by Sid McCall
massive currency conversion failure. 600 Euro is about $800. It's really about 320 Euro, but when you add all that crazy import tax and stuff that seems to drive up stuff like that, it's probably closer to 500 Euro, hopefully not 600, that's ridiculous.

yeah but that's how prices are in Europe, you guys in the US are lucky...
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
I've never tried the little guy, but the head is the most versatile amp I've ever played, next to the Mark IV from mesa.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded