Hey there all! I have a new song uploaded titled "METAL HYMN"

This is sortof the "Big Tune" of our Debut CD. It rolls in at around the 8 min. Mark. It Fast, Heavy, Loud and will hopefully raise your Fists in the Air!

Crits are MORE than welcome!!!

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5519462&q=hi
GEAR:
SCHECTER "Diamond Series" REVENGER Guitar
VOX AD30VT Amp
ZOOM HD16CD Digital Mulit-Track Recorder
1 SHURE SM-57,1 Audio-Technica AT2035, 1 APEX 435 Mic. & 2 APEX 180 Condencer Mics
Edited with Audacity & Adobe Audition 3
first off...you guys have a pretty cheesy band name lol
the lead guitarist screws up in the bell part, and i stopped listening to the song at 3min. because everything sounds too good to be true, then the lead guitar is kinda crappy
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I'm gonna agree with the comment on your bad name, heh.

I'm sorry if you are the lead guitarist, but it was awful and almost unbearable to listen to. Its one thing to tastefully play out of key or out of time, but the guitar was sloppy and painful to the ears. There is no direction to this song, just a rambling out of key lead guitar that isn't doing anything constructive or melodic or doing any riffs or anything to contribute to the song.

I'm sorry I'm so harshly negative with this post, I usually try to find something good about these when I listen... but this was just unbearable to listen to.
hey no harm done here ... Everyone has a different taste in music. Some will like, some will hate!

Thanks for the comments!
GEAR:
VOX AD30VT Amp
1 SHURE SM-57,1 Audio-Technica AT2035, 1 APEX 435 Mic. & 2 APEX 180 Condencer Mics
id say play around with your leads a bit to help make the song flow better as well as working on timing and cleaning up your playing. I do see some potential for the song though
the songs definatly got potential...some pretty solid ideas but just work on your playing a bit more, assuming your the lead guitarist and assuming you werent going for a sloppy sort of sound. i dont find teh lead as unbearable as most of you guys are describing it.... like i said before solid solid ideaas, kjust work on teh leads playing and should have a nice song. crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619749
i sounds like everything isnt lined up. the lead guitar is pretty sloppy and could use a a better tone. it seems like it's not going anywhere, its kinda boring but it has potential but just no right now.
It sounds very, very out of time at the beginning. And quite out of tune as well, I recommend re-doing that part, as it has a lot of good potential, but I'm just not feeling it. The whole song feels as though it wasn't timed properly, now that i'm getting through it.

If i may make a few suggestions:
Pan rhythm and lead to the left and right respectively to spread the mix out a bit.
Practice with a metronome often to get the feel for playing in time.
When using EQ, try to take away more than you add. It sounds odd to do that, but it really works wonders.

Now that technical issues are out of the way, the song, on a musical level, sounded pretty good. It was really long though, and it definitely didn't hold my interest the entire time. Maybe shorten it up some, cut out some of the repeated parts and such. I liked the change from distorted to clean guitars a lot, but it felt really drawn out, so maybe work on shortening that up a tad. It's a good song, but it needs a lot of polishing up and refining in my opinion.
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.
Thanks for all the comments guys. THat song was recorded roughly a year ago and ya, since then I have improved

When using EQ, try to take away more than you add. It sounds odd to do that, but it really works wonders.

I ... Think ... I know what you mean ... Could you please elaborate on that?
GEAR:
VOX AD30VT Amp
Hmm...I'm not sure how to properly explain it, but I'll give it a whirl.

EQ is pretty simple; it's a matter of boosting or cutting signals to change the sound of something. For example, lets say your guitar isn't sounding as loud as you want, so you decide to EQ it to proper volume. In your mix, there is a lead guitar, rhythm guitar, and bass guitar...
Most beginners would, rather than cut some of the mids of the bass guitar, boost the mids of the lead guitar. In turn, this will make it harder to hear the rhythm guitar, so that signal gets boosted as well, making it in turn harder to hear the bass, so....etc. etc. So what's left is a big jumbled mess of instruments and none of them can be distinctly heard.
As one can see, that gets you nowhere. Instead what you'd want to do is just cut some of the mids on the bass guitar so that the lead guitar sits better in the mix. It feels really odd to do at first, and you're liable to think "but now my bass guitar sounds like crap!". Keep in mind, though, that more often than not, a suitable sound for an instrument when standing alone is almost never a good sound for it when it's in a mix with other instruments.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense or anything and I'll try again =P
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.
it definitly has potential but i would suggest cleaning it up and making it more one time the drums were great though-not sure if you used drums or a machine but i suck with both so either way yours are pretty good. the guitar had a few out of key notes that would sound better in other placesbut overall it was not bad. the last "heavy" part of the song sounds alot better than the first part and is somewhat entertaining. but i am easily bored so perhaps some lyrics would help-
I'm sorry, but this ain't no good... I mean, it seems to have no structure whatsoever, or, if it has, I can't distinguish anything. It sounds like a good drum track on which have been recorded some random guitar riffs too loud. Or maybe it is just me. Perhaps you could try re-recording, because this sounds like a mess.

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9898834
This song has great potential but the lead guitar was very sloppy, and not like in a tasteful way. I'm not say it was bad, just have the lead guitarist, or if its you, practice the part a little more before recording because it was just completely out of sync. but besides that the piece is very good and my only criticism is that it is a little repetitive, at least what i can hear, cause the lead guitar is too loud compared to the rest of the piece. I did enjoy some of the effects the lead guitar used though. Just fix that timing and possibly work on the differences in volume level. I also like how it switched to clean, but once again, fix that lead guitar's timing.
I'd suggest working on the leads, and do you guys have a bass player,i dont believe i was even able to hear it, or are you avoidign that, or maybe I'm just goig deaf >.<

Perhaps giving the rhythm more variation as well

mmm Other than that, can't much think of anything else, except perhaps work on your recordings more , play it all through at once, try to lay it to where you dont end up having toedit too much

Keep it up
thanks for the crit

this song is strange i must say. there are seven elements of music:
rhythm
melody
harmony
dynamics
tempo
structure
tone

out of these, i really only saw tempo :-\ the rhythm seemed to be off, dynamics were kind of all over the place, transitions were rather strange, tone was ok, i wasnt really listening through good speakers so i couldnt tell too well, strucutre was hard to tell where it was going, the main melody was not really there, it seemed to be random and out of key many times.

i think you took a solid strucutre song, and just recorded it quick. maybe write a main melody to it, pick keys to stay in, work on the rhythm/timing with the drums and such. it seemed as if the leads were improvised on the spot with little knowledge about keys or stuff like that, you said it was made a while ago, so that may be it too. there is a lot of work to be done :-[
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Hey, not really my style of music. But it doesnt sound too bad, someone mentioned before it goes a little out of key but its alright, a little work and i think you really got something here. Keep going, and keep the band name if you like it.
Hmmm. First of all, tune your guitars. I can't stress how utterly crucial this is to any recording. Second most critical thing: timing. Your guitars aren't in time with each other. No matter how good the song is, it will sound bad if the guitars aren't in time.

That's all I can say for the first minute. For some reason the player just stops at a minute
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?