Page 1 of 5
Not really "Yet another" they were one of the first. Bill Steer from Carcass was in that band at one point.

They were one of the first. They pretty much pioneered grindcore with Carcass
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Harmony Corruption is their best work imo. Mass Appeal Madness is my favourite ND song. Anyway I'm seeing them live in a month and was wondering what songs I could expect them to play, like any songs they usually include in their set?
Last edited by codswollip1 at Aug 6, 2007,
love the band, seen em live on wacken...madness too bad they didnt play in the evening
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
Quote by codswollip1
Harmony Corruption is their best work imo. Mass Appeal Madness is my favourite ND song. Anyway I'm seeing them live in a month and was wondering what songs I could expect them to play, like any songs they usually include in their set?

Pummeling live. When I saw them at Download they played Scum, Suffer The Children, The Kill, When All's Said And Done (off the new album) plus a few more. Awesome stuff, am getting their new album soon.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
funny u should mention them because ive only just got into them i love the song scum and how they did nazi punks **** off.!!!
Quote by codswollip1

They ALWAYS play these songs, or at least everytime I've seen them they have:

Siege Of Power
Scum
Parasites
The World Keeps Turning

They also do wicked covers, maybe they'll toss "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" or "Riot Of Violence" in the set.

Oh, and you better hop in the pit when they tear through Siege Of Power, or else you haven't truly experienced a ND show.
NOTICE: I usually accept bribes, mostly in the form of money or alcohol. You CAN use this to your advantage if you CAN get me a bottle of rum.
I can't keep track of the members, srsly.. It's like math I can't even do..

But, nice band nevertheless.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
i love em. they just sound huge. especially on the new smear campaign album. greenways voice is so round and bassy, and their guitarist sound has an awesome weight to it.
Quote by Nirvana-Man
the shortest song ever?!?! GOTTA DOWNLOAD!
You don't have to, they have a music video for it.

Great band.
I love grindcore, but Napalm Death has got to be the worse grindcore band of the 80s. Yea they invented the name grindcore, but they sure as hell weren't the first grindcore band. I don't know why people like ND so much.
^

a) because their live show is amazing

b) because their music is pwnage

c) because they have consistently contributed to the grind scene for the past 27 years, for which they deserve some credit, regardless of whether they invented the genre or coined whatever term
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by Butt Rayge

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
The real grind scene is dead, and they haven't been a grindcore band since like 1990.
I think that grind has just grown and grown, and has over time just changed completely from what it was when it all started out, I don't think 'grind has died' or anything like that...
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by Butt Rayge

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Only gindcore band I really like. I miss Lee Dorian's vocals though.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
The Code Is Red...Long Live The Code is a great album, just listening to it at the moment. Thanks matt85210 and DeadCops.

Opinions on the mid 90's albums? I only have Diatribes and Inside The Torn Apart and I can't say I like them that much, although I haven't listened to them as much as the other cds I have.
Last edited by codswollip1 at Aug 7, 2007,
****ing great band. Order Of The Leech, Breed to Breathe EP, The Code Is Red...Long Live The Code, Harmony Corruption, and others are great albums. Order Of The Leech is their best. Incredibly fun live too. Hail to the kings of grind
Utopia Banished is incredibly underrated. Its the perfect mix of Harmony Corruption and From Enslavement.. and the production isnt too shabby.

I got 'Napalm Death - The dvd' with the Utopia Banished cd as well, quality Ive been looking for that for ages, it has 2 gigs from 1989, they are insane.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I'd like to see them live, even though I can't really get in to them (I have Smear Campaign and only listened to it a couple of times).
Napalm Death are one of the best grindcore bands ever. On the subject of the first grind band ever, it goes back to 1986. That was the year that Napalm Death recorded Scum, Repulsion recorded Horrified, Carcass recorded their first demo, and Terrorizer got together. I know Scum was recorded in August of 86, not sure about Horrified though. It really can be traced to those two, but its not really that important as they were all important and very influential.
they're so damn awsome. only grindcore band that i truly love. fear emptiness despair and enemy of the music business are their best, imo
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by Psychopathology
Napalm Death are one of the best grindcore bands ever. On the subject of the first grind band ever, it goes back to 1986. That was the year that Napalm Death recorded Scum, Repulsion recorded Horrified, Carcass recorded their first demo, and Terrorizer got together. I know Scum was recorded in August of 86, not sure about Horrified though. It really can be traced to those two, but its not really that important as they were all important and very influential.

Horrified came out in 1989, the first Terrorizer demo dropped in '87 along with Carcass's demo. Napalm Death's early career shows how hardcore punk broke into grindcore. ND were puttin out demos in 82 and released Scum years later. ND were the first in grind.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Quote by Terror Kovenant
Horrified came out in 1989, the first Terrorizer demo dropped in '87 along with Carcass's demo. Napalm Death's early career shows how hardcore punk broke into grindcore. ND were puttin out demos in 82 and released Scum years later. ND were the first in grind.

Repulsions demo Slaughter of the Innocent was recorded in 86 and IS Horrified which was put out with that name in 89. Side one of Scum (the demo) was recorded in 86.
I found out Napalm Death are supporting Devildriver... how the hell did they end up supporting some crappy generic metalcore band? What an odd line-up.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
They have some pretty good stuff. I don't think any of the original members are currently in the band.
Quote by Nirvana-Man
the shortest song ever?!?! GOTTA DOWNLOAD!

I doubt it will take very long...
Quote by enterlude
funny u should mention them because ive only just got into them i love the song scum and how they did nazi punks **** off.!!!

Interesting band, I bet their guitarist doesn't copy other peoples guitar tabs and claim them as his own.
Nazi Punks Fuck Off. That would've been great to see them say the title at a concert and all the nazi punks would be like "hey, wtf? Let's go kill a jew because we're angry" and then they would proceed to have tiny penises.
But seriously, I like the guitar work.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Mass Appeal Madness would have to be one of my favourite death metal songs. Also they are fantastic live.

^
I just started getting into them I have The Code is Red... does anyone have any other recommendations?
I only have Smear Campaign, and it's really good. Go for Scum if you want pure grind.
grindcore sucks ass its the ****test thing ever

just kidding, i love it
schecter hellraiser c-1 FR custom w/ EMGs 81/85 and EMG-EXG expander
yamaha rbx170 4 string
peavey grind BXP NTB 4 string
jcm2000 dsl 50
1960a cab 4x12
roland micro cube 2w
electro harmonix double muff
zoom g2.1u
Page 1 of 5