Hi, question: what do i need to learn playing with a talk box(micro or something??)? can i learn it my self or is it too difficult.
I really like this effect
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard with Seymour Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Prih Mus Strat Copy
Ibanez AEG-10B BK
Marshall AVT 150HX-E
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Theres really no rule when it comes to effects, especially a talk box. Just start making funny sounds and try saying quotes and stuff, the only thing i could say to practice it would be maybe to be able to use it while soloing, which could be tricky at first.
As long as you understand you need a mic and PA along with your guitar and amp to be able to use a talk box your good to go.

Its pretty easy to get used to after about 2 hours of fiddling around with it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Danelectro make one which can go between your guitar and amp, not sure how good that is, but if you get a proper talkbox then basically it goes between the amp and the speaker (be it the built in one in your combo or a cabinet). You then run the plastic hose up your mic stand and along the mic so it practically goes into your mouth. then you move your mouth, tongue etc to produce the effect and the mic picks it up, and then you send that through a PA. It's not an effect you can easily cart around to your mate's house and practises.

I'm not sure if the danelectro is just a little amp, speaker and hose, or if the hose has a mic on it as well so it sends the signal back into your signal chain. If it's the former then a microphone and PA is still needed, but in either case it is good to use this either before the amp, or in the fx loop.

You can build one from one of those little micro amps, just find a way of securing plastic hosing to the speaker so it's air tight.

As for technique, well if you have a mobile phone that plays music set it to do so, bring the speaker to your mouth and then make some shapes. It's the same sort of thing, and you will easily be able to find ways of making cool sounds - it's more the logistics of the effect.
do i need a special microphone?
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard with Seymour Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Prih Mus Strat Copy
Ibanez AEG-10B BK
Marshall AVT 150HX-E
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss TU-2 Tuner
No, a standard vocal one will do such as a sm58, or sm57 depending what you prefer.
i dont know what you guys are talking about, because all the ones ive ever seen or used went between the guitar and amp or in the effects loop and there was a small mike + the tube that clipped on your collar kinda
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
I use a Rocktron talkbox because I read it was easier to setup than the dunlop and better than the danelectro, you just put this one along with your other pedals...it has its own little amp and everything..i think

Steve