...a fairly straightforward, but great sounding acoustic finger picking song.

I've been playing a lot of Jack Johnson and trying some Jose Gonzalez recently, and I need a new acoustic track to practice.
I've been drawn towards Clapton, although I expect his pieces will be extremely difficult, and I'm not a great player yet.

This is to record for someone who wants to hear me play, and if I like it, it will be something to practive with my singing friend...

Sorry if my description is too vague, and remember, I'm not an accomplished player.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have. Cheers guys and gals.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Anything by Cannibal Corpse ...

hahahaha

Lol my bad , but i say try and do clapton songs , everyone loves em' especially if you nail 'tears in heaven'
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
jack johnson sucks, learn some elliot smith. it's not easy, but you'll come out a better player.
Quote by Avopeac
jack johnson sucks, learn some elliot smith. it's not easy, but you'll come out a better player.

I adore his stuff too.
I don't know why I didn't think of him to be honest. I remember trying some when I first started getting into acoustic again, and not doing so well, but hopefully I could get something going with practice.

I'm checking out the Clapton stuff now. Thanks guys.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

My Day > Yours
I guess Tears In Heaven wasn't to be. I snapped my High E while tuning to standard.

I managed to try out the Coheed and Cambria song and it was great, so thanks.

Obviously, more suggestions welcome...
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

My Day > Yours
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Does it have to have vocals?

Preferably, but they're not essential.

And thanks Zeppelin and everyone esle for the suggestions. I'll try them all once I've replaced my broken string.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

My Day > Yours
Why not classical gas? The Clapton version isn't to difficult and it sounds nice.

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't read the singing part.
A Perfect Circle - Wake the Dead

No lyrics...but a fairly easy, great sounding song.
Quote by darthteet
Someone made a sensible post. Well done, genuinely. Adamonia, that is.

Quote by YourDad
Adamonia, I completely agree with every single word you just said.

Dum Spiro Spero.
elliot smith is some good stuff.

mmmm.

If you're an advanced player and have the time, I suggest classical gas. It'll take you a few days, but once you get it down, it's just damn impressive.