I have some questions that i need answers to:

What are some Alternative Rock bands-

What's the writting style to Alternative rock-

Would you suggest to have a guitarist,bassist,vocalist,drums. or would you suggest more insturments to a alternative rock band?-

thats all the questions i can think of right now.
alternative rock is almost exclusively guitar bass vocals and drums.

some alternative bands would be

Alice in Chains
The Pixies
Nirvana
Smashing Pumpkins
Blind Melon
Therapy?
Live
Rage Against the Machine
Queens of the Stone Age etc.

i don't think there's an answer to the writing style question. each band has their own particular way of crafting songs. i think the word alternative alludes more to bands that came out of doin something different to the mainstream (e.g nirvana when they broke out)

of course after bands become popular you could argue that they are not 'alternative' anymore!
^ lol that last part was cool.

thank you. i just been trying to start a indie band but i was like alternative is cooler.

and it feels like alternative is the only thing thats hitting people on mtv and vh1.

thanks for the advice i will take it and use it in all my ways i am trying to get this band going when ever i find a vocalist. *vegas singers are hard to find sometimes*
yea there are some popular (even ´commercial´ alternative bands but, bands like rem and nirvana aimed to keep their music passionate as well as commercial.

yea, got that from the seven ages rockumentary lol
Quote by Jearl
in your local cd store, alternative is any rock at all.

in mine, anything under rock is metal. mcr, fall out boy and panic at the disco are all metal
in mine, anything under rock is metal. mcr, fall out boy and panic at the disco are all metal
lol! i know the feeling. you try and buy some ACTUAL metal and all you find id blink182!!!!
Quote by floyd matt
^ lol that last part was cool.

thank you. i just been trying to start a indie band but i was like alternative is cooler.

Why don't you just write some good music, and leave the labelling to someone else?
Quote by ahhmyeye
Why don't you just write some good music, and leave the labelling to someone else?

could do that but i know the sound we are aiming for and i found places that want to hear us and want to know what style we are.