The other day I was playing through a JCM 900 head into some random fender cab and it sounded great even at low volumes. So I went to harmony central to check reviews for it and then saw that there were about 20 different JCM 900 models. So I'm wondering what do you think it is most likely? It has the standard light up power switch and black standby switch on the left, then there's the footswitch jack, then separate volume and reverb for the two channels, then the EQ starting with presence going bass, mid, treble, and then finally two gain controls for each channel. And then of course the one input. It has the standard marshall logo and grille and I'm not sure whether it was the 100 watt or 50 watt model. It looked brand new. Anyone know which one it was?
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
K thanks that's a fairly new one right?
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
JCM 900s haven't been made in quite sometime.

Other than tubes any amp made after the 60s will still be in fine condition unless abused.

All the models are pretty similar however. You cant really go wrong imo.
Just wondering after seeing the prices people payed on harmony central $1575 Can doesn't seem worth it, is it?
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
^Dope
But it sounds so good, it's almost worth 1500 bucks to me.
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
There are 3 versions: Hi Gain Master Volume MKIII, Hi Gain Dual Reverb, and SL-X. The rest are probably combo models. They are usually $450- $750. They sound pretty good through a nice cab. I used to have one but traded it for a JCM 800 combo because it was too loud, heavy and a pain to transport. Great amp for the price though.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix