Right guys. I recently got a job and I'm interested in buying a 'real' metal guitar. I'm going to have £400-£450 to play around with and I would really appreciate some help from the UG guys. As I say, this will mainly be for metal (think Pantera, Megadeth, Metallica) and some hardcore, metalcore stuff (Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, Killswitch Engage). I'm looking for an H/H guitar with high output 'buckers, preferably with a Floyd Rose but it's not essential, a super fast neck and my preferred wood would be either be Mahogany or Alder. I've looked at the Jackson DK2M and the Jackson DKMG, the Ibanez RG321MH and the Washburn X50 among others. What do you guys think? I'm using a Roland Cube 60 and I really love the sound so I don't really want to get rid of it. Any help is welcomed and thanks in advance.
Celtic FootballClub1888
Washburn x50 pro are very good.
If you get an Ibanez go for an MIJ prestige (any prestige RG),
never played that particular jackson but again go for the MIJ jacksons. (way better quality)
Ibanez RG indeed.
Guitarist for: Delain, Arrow Haze, Vengeance, Tri-Head and others.

Official Endorser/Clinicer of:

Aristides Guitars
Ibanez s520. Change pups, and you have a great neck, light mahogany guitar, brilliant floating bridge. All for under 400 quid.
Jackson. DKMG has high output, active EMGs, Floyd rose (not original) and alder body.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by webbtje
Ibanez s520. Change pups, and you have a great neck, light mahogany guitar, brilliant floating bridge. All for under 400 quid.

Agreed. +1
Quote by webbtje

+1
or any s series ibanez
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
*fourths Ibanez S series*
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Quote by Ibanez20th
If only the S prestiges were MIJ.

Yeah cos that makes a difference...
If it plays nice, who cares where it was made?!
It makes a huge difference. japan quality Destroys that of Koreas.
A korean prestige doesn't feel any different than a normal korean gutiar. The difference between an MIJ and MIK is huge.
Like I said, who gives a damn if it plays nice and looks fine?!. You are being ignorant if you think that just because a guitar is made in Japan, that it is better than one made in Korea. If you think you know everything just because people on here have complained about the quality control on MIK guitars, then may I point out quality control doesn't = bad guitars. It equals varied qualities. Some guitars may well be absolutely outstanding, whilst others may just be good.
If you try before you buy and like it, why should a sticker saying 'Made In Korea' make a difference?
If you're going to be petty about the origin of the guitar, then good for you. And you can go and spend all your money on guitars made exclusively in Japan. I, on the other hand, love my 2005 MIK S470 as much as any of my gigging guitars and haven't had any problems with it yet.
The Ibanez RG320EX is really nice
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
It sounds like you want Mahogany, so Ibanez S520(?)...Definitely put in some D Activators or Evolutions though...

Quote by last_biscuit
Like I said, who gives a damn if it plays nice and looks fine?!. You are being ignorant if you think that just because a guitar is made in Japan, that it is better than one made in Korea. If you think you know everything just because people on here have complained about the quality control on MIK guitars, then may I point out quality control doesn't = bad guitars. It equals varied qualities. Some guitars may well be absolutely outstanding, whilst others may just be good.
If you try before you buy and like it, why should a sticker saying 'Made In Korea' make a difference?
If you're going to be petty about the origin of the guitar, then good for you. And you can go and spend all your money on guitars made exclusively in Japan. I, on the other hand, love my 2005 MIK S470 as much as any of my gigging guitars and haven't had any problems with it yet.

Actually, the difference between a MIJ Prestige and a MIK Ibanez is pretty big. For one, the necks are actually comfortable to play...
Last edited by KissingShadows at Jul 4, 2007,