ok i just started guitar january of this year, and i need some help. i have a ESP LTD Viper 100FM, a Silvertone Paul Stanley warm-up amp, and $80...so what do i need? i thi k i might need a new amp cuz my amp is really gay and craps out a lot. and then i thought i need a pedal cuz i paly nu metal and i need distortion, but then i thought i was too begginerish for a pedal so now i dont know what to do. so do i need a pedal, or a better amp. im sure i can raise another $40 bucks but thats leave me at $120. so plz help me out thnx
PROUD OWNER OF AN ESP LTD VIPER

4TH Member of the "Rock n Roll will never die and if it does, im dure as hell gonna bring it back"Club. PM PedalBoard to join

Quote by Shredder6
CC Deville Take your love with cuthroat6654 OUT of my thread
I wouldn't bother with a pedal, i'd suggest looking into a roland cube 30, not sure how much they are, but you could probably get one used.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

if you're that new I'd get an amp and learn the basics well before jumping into pedals and stuff.

Buy a 10-watt amp with a distortion channel in it, it may not be the perfect type of distortion but it'll do the job.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
This is probably the only time I'd recommend a Spider. Try the low-end Line 6 Spider combos, they're small but will give you a (half) decent distortion. Learn the basics and buy something better after that
ohai little sig.
you have a viper and youve only bben playing since January. I'm mad, not because you have a viper, but because your guitar is better than mine Get an amp with and OD/distortion channel
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Demonikk
This is probably the only time I'd recommend a Spider. Try the low-end Line 6 Spider combos, they're small but will give you a (half) decent distortion. Learn the basics and buy something better after that

thats the one i was lookin at on musiciansfriend