Page 26 of 26
TN_BOOTBOY
Yep! I'm a Skinhead!
300 IQ
Then you should come. We can't name something after you and you not come. It would be s social faux paux(spelling?).
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
TN_BOOTBOY
Yep! I'm a Skinhead!
300 IQ
Oh yeah, Radio Death Wave is my band. So you guys can get to see my old ass runnin around the stage as well.

MosesMassey
11 IQ
Jerrys Pizza
1817 Chester Ave.
www.myspace.com/jerryspizzashows
Bakersfield, CA

The Bakersfield Dome
2201 V st
www.myspace.com/thebakersfielddome

The Gate
2010 "O" street
www.myspace.com/thegaterocks
Bakersfield, CA, 93301

the gate pays =) its definatly the best jerrys pizza is probly the more punk style venue though its in a basement in the heart of downtown
Ive Got The Straight Edge
Zero Substance
1,118 IQ
Quote by BostonLacrosse
Any one know what the scene is like over in Seattle? Ive got a couple of friends moving there next month and i want to get them the low down on the place. Any info would be killer.

Tell them to check out Singles Going Steady in Belmont. It's a record store owned by this really cool guy who grew up in the 80's NYC scene. He'll be able to help you out. He mentioned a place called the Squid an Ink, I think it was a vegan cafe by day and a punk venue by night in the industrial district. When Magrudergrind went through, they played some place called the Vera Project, but I don't know anything about that.
loudog93
Banned
972 IQ
Quote by pidevice
someone could put together a tour of the mid-south (usa) off the imformation in this thread.
in nashville:
EXIT/INN 2208 Elliston Place (615)321-4400
THE END 2210 Elliston Place (615)321-4457
THE MERCY LOUNGE 1 Cannery Row (615)251-3020
THE MUSE 835 4th Ave. S. (615)251-0190

if anybody is playing any of these venues and need a supporting band, Stan vs. Wild would be glad to support. look us up on myspace.
JDizzle787
Color me impressed
1,664 IQ
For playing shows in my area, look at my sig, and contact the guy who owns the place. He's an "old" punk himself, so don'y be afraid.

I dunno if my band (One Bright Day- look us up on myspace, we're almost the only band named that) is ready to tour with anyone, but by the time anyone gives a shit here, we might have enough songs.

EDIT: Here are some local acts that are in the scene as well. There's is a pull towards metal, but anything goes really (only noted if I can define them):

Warsynium (prog metal)
Reason 837 (pop-punk)
When I Came Back From Death
This Name is Taken
Over The Mountain (indie-folk)
Apathy of Longevity
Dance Cancer

DOUBLE EDIT: things have changed, sadly, the venue no longer exists, and half of those bands are gone too
Last edited by JDizzle787 at May 4, 2011,
pitobodies
496 IQ
Quote by JDizzle787
For playing shows in my area, look at my sig, and contact the guy who owns the place. He's an "old" punk himself, so don'y be afraid.

I dunno if my band (One Bright Day- look us up on myspace, we're almost the only band named that) is ready to tour with anyone, but by the time anyone gives a shit here, we might have enough songs.

EDIT: Here are some local acts that are in the scene as well. There's is a pull towards metal, but anything goes really (only noted if I can define them):

Warsynium (prog metal)Reason 837 (pop-punk)
When I Came Back From Death
This Name is Taken
Over The Mountain (indie-folk)
Apathy of Longevity
Dance Cancer

Hell yeah those guys are rad.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
3,296 IQ
I dunno if I've explicitly stated this before in this thread but, I book shows here in Rome, Italy and also in Latina, Italy (60 km south of here). I can give you a place to stay and you'll get food and beer at the show. I'd love for your band to play here. If you're acoustic we've got a sweet ass punk bar for you to play in that can't do electric shows but wants to help out with tha scene, yo.

davidvanhale [at] gmail [dot] com
[+39] 327 490 61 86
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
TN_BOOTBOY
Yep! I'm a Skinhead!
300 IQ
This is gonna be a hell of a show. And the party the night before.

JesusOfSbrbia
*-)
1,343 IQ
Hey, where can I find resources for self-releasing an album and making it legit? Stuff about copyrights, disc printing and CD insert templates, cheap jewel cases, etc.?
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
I'm not sure, but this might be able to help. I just found it today, and haven't read it, but I might as well post it, right?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
JesusOfSbrbia
*-)
1,343 IQ
The copyright section was really helpful!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
going to a new brunswick basement show on thursday. troublemaker, fleshtemple, bear trap, dethroned emperor, and sick f*ck. i'd take a picture of the flyer as it's pretty funny, but all i've got is a shitty camera phone
molly bee
blah blah blah blah
98 IQ
I don't know if I've posted this already and I don't feel like looking around if I have. BUT

http://diychi.org

a list of DIY shows going on in the chi. There are some really good shows coming up!
there's also a DIY Chicago Collective that's starting up around here. I'm technically part of it I guess but because I'm just outside the city my involvement has been limited.

while I'm here lemme promote some stuff:

edit: okay, one more thing. Chicago Zine Fest. dis shit is sick:
http://www.chicagozinefest.org
they just added Al Burian and Aaron Cometbus to do workshops. GET EXCITED.
Last edited by molly bee at Dec 15, 2010,
molly bee
blah blah blah blah
98 IQ
more promotion. TONIGHT! (12/20/10)
Theo Grizol, Toby Foster, Ryan Woods, & Y Lime?
with zine readers Jim Joyce, Carrie Colpits, & Jami Sailor.
@ The Moving Castle, 6pm $5. there's also a bake sale for the DIY Chi collective, mentioned above. sick
nikole95
10 IQ
Quote by Punkrockguy17
There are a couple venues in Knoxville, TN here are 2 I could find info on.

Old City Java
snail mail
old city java
109 s. central st.
knoxville, tn 37902

phone

general info: info@oldcityjava.net

booking info: booking@oldcityjava.net

Blue Cats
check http://www.bluecatslive.com/ for info.

And also some local bands to check out here in Knoxville, TN is Maas Neo-tek http://www.maas-neotek.cjb.net/
The Royal Bangs(formerly known as the Suburban Urchins) http://www.theroyalbangs.com/
Perfect Orange http://www.perfectorange.tk/
My Lost Cause http://www.mylostcause.net/

Ok, you're last 2 posts have not in any way contributed to this thread. It's just you talking about how serious you are about music and how you know so much more than any local kids.
Ralbert07
Masshole
182 IQ
For all those ska fans in New England, here's a little page for you
https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Ska/141301885903009?v=info
It's a little something put up by a friend of mine informing you about local ska shows and ska bands...
██████████████████████████████
JesusOfSbrbia
*-)
1,343 IQ
If any of you guys book shows or are in bands in the midwest/Great Lakes/Northeast areas, you should get in touch with me about tour dates for my band this summer....

Or if you need shows in Fort Worth, TX, I'm handy for that too.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
JDizzle787
Color me impressed
1,664 IQ
Wow, I wish this thread got more posts. Since my last one here a lot's changed around my area (Western Massachusetts)

No more RSR, and the scene's on life support now, but here's what I know of now:

Check out Elf Parlor in North Adams. If you can get in touch with them, it's a cozy, cool place to play that both has beer AND is all ages! No cover charge yet, but bands keep tips! PM me if you see this and get a show here, I'd love to see you play.
JDizzle787
Color me impressed
1,664 IQ

next Saturday! come on over if you're in southern VT, upstate NY or Western MA. Or anywhere at all. One's of them is my band, and we'll be dishing out a sort of Metal/Rock thing. The other band is hard rock too. Still a really cool place with beer, tea, coffee, and all ages shows!
mnf50
yes
892 IQ
Where could my band go to become a part of the Brighton (UK) music scene? Any suggestions will be massively appreciated. If not, we'll head down there and trek around ourselves!
pinheadslts75
BrainDamage
1,113 IQ
More like,"All the people who used to be active on this forum have better shit to do now."

Besides, DIY is no longer a novel concept.
Last edited by pinheadslts75 at May 15, 2013,
haijun1122
Banned
10 IQ
After adjustment of economic globalization, with unprecedented speed and scale of ongoing in-depth development, global economic dependence on the rise. Global capital and the globalization of production and technical elements reconfigure the global political and economic situation has brought significant and profound changes Cheap WOW Gold. Current international economic situation has seven characteristics.
The rapid growth of the world economy, the United States, the euro area countries, Japan and other developed countries the economic development of the world economy to continue to maintain high growth, developing economies are in mutual driven echelon development trend.n 2007 the world Diablo 3 Item economy will continue to maintain the growth rate of nearly 4%. Steady drop the U.S. economy, exports to the U.S. in 2006 was Germany exceeded, information technology index is less than northern Europe, the U.S. subprime mortgage crisis and the economic advantages of decomposition constantly RS Gold being eroded, and its negative impact is still expanding. Since the major western industrialized countries face the most intense external competition. Eurasia become the main stage of the world economy.
Mr E Meat
Custom User Title
654 IQ
10/10 would spam again