Page 3 of 26
Originally posted by whyvern
we go over the bandwith alot, alot of people visit it.

I've tried it a lot n it says that the page doesn't exist at tripod or somethin'....i don't know tho....

alright i got some local bands worth mentioning....

Argyle.... Great band nothing else needs to be said.... www.argyleband.com

Farewell.... Another grandastic band.... www.farewellband.com

The Vermin... Best pop-punk band ever, period.... www.thevermin.net

more stuff about the cleveland and akron scene can be found at these sites...

www.clepunk.com

www.clevelandpunkscene.com

www.punkcleveland.com

www.ohms.nu

well thats all for now, i may post some venues later
I dont want to know your name, i just want bang bang bang
there's a new band in philly called .mekka, they're really good, they havent recorded anything yet, but their first show rocked! go to their website: http://www.mekkamusic.cjb.net/
knowing nothing is better than knowing it all
someone could put together a tour of the mid-south (usa) off the imformation in this thread.
in nashville:
EXIT/INN 2208 Elliston Place (615)321-4400
THE END 2210 Elliston Place (615)321-4457
THE MERCY LOUNGE 1 Cannery Row (615)251-3020
THE MUSE 835 4th Ave. S. (615)251-0190
Kenora is overun by metalheads, there's this little band called Militia who are gonna be big soon. Go Slayer.
Is that you, John Wayne?..Is this me?
Originally posted by pidevice
anyone making a fanzine- here is a contribution. i am trying to get a fanzine started myself and thought the best thing i could do is make a comic strip, i'll write reviews of shows too. since every time i try to get a band together it all falls to sh*t!
p.s. any constructive critiques are appreciated.

First of all, is that suposed to be funny?

Seccond of all, could you explain it I'm just not getting it
if i explain it would be even less funny, i guess. i was trying to show this thing that happened. maybe if i added dialogue it would make more sense, like have the guy in the convertible saying some nasty stuff to the punk chicks. any way there's lots of places people could get interesting stuff to put in their 'zines- i'll delete it if more people think it's stupid.

I deleted the comic to save space in this thread. It is something I am working on for a fanzine- I offered to share; so anybody who is doing a fanzine and might like some uncopyrighted original art work can PM me.
now go play.
Last edited by pidevice at Jan 10, 2004,
in tokyo i've only come across a couple of good punk bands... uh a band called 'endless confusion' and a band called 'the seamonkeys' or something like that
alrighty i got some more bands for ya to check out:

Dropgun, boot in the face good ol punk rock n roll, you better watch out to cause all the guys work for the police department www.dropgun.com

Johnny Psycho, psychobilly!!!!!!!! what else can i say? these guys are amazing www.johnnypsycho.com

Sidecar, good ****, probably for more of the pop-punkers though www.sidecarrock.com or maybe its www.sidecarrocks.com

thats all for now
Alright, here's somre more local bands from the Cleveland scene, (not the crapp punk-with-feelings from Akron )

Chrome Kickers-Excellent band, I would probably describe them as hardcore, excellent show, and the guys are all really cool. I'm decent friends with the guitarist whose dad was the guitarist on the Pagans.

www.chromekicker.com

Check out the mp3s on the site, and ask me if you want some more of their songs and I'll send them to you via email as soon as I pick up their new comp and LP.

The Pagans-Another goodie and an oldie, were once one of the msot dominant bands in the Cleveland scene. And are still pretty popular. Good article on how much of a shiithole used to be o their page too.

http://www.geocities.com/pagan_pages/

Chaotic Alliance-Oh yeah these guys are about as good as local Street punk gets. These guys are all awesome guys. If you're ever in the area I recommend checking them out. They've been playing with some really big names recently too so if you hate them you can always check out The Unseen or the Buzz****s in the same show or something.

www.jynxtpunks.com

The Narcoleptics X5-another great band that I have heard as a killer show. They have 4 albums out and they are all pretty decent and enjoyable.

http://www.thenarcolepticsx5.com/

Ok that's all you get for now.

And if you are ever in the greater Cleveland area, try to make it to Willoughby, Lakewood, Cleveland Heights or Coventry. Always punks about.
Originally posted by madfingers
Alright, here's somre more local bands from the Cleveland scene, (not the crapp punk-with-feelings from Akron

The Pagans-Another goodie and an oldie, were once one of the msot dominant bands in the Cleveland scene. And are still pretty popular. Good article on how much of a shiithole used to be o their page too.

http://www.geocities.com/pagan_pages/

yes the pagans are the best band ever coming out of cleveland, besides the dead boys, everyone go check out the dead boys they have stuff on kazaa download now!
Originally posted by agreth
in tokyo i've only come across a couple of good punk bands... uh a band called 'endless confusion' and a band called 'the seamonkeys' or something like that

Tokyo is full of good punk bands, give me like a week and I'll have a huge list for you, of bands, record labels and websites. Do you read japanese?
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Tokyo is full of good punk bands, give me like a week and I'll have a huge list for you, of bands, record labels and websites. Do you read japanese?

Japanese punk bands rock. One of the reasons i decided to take japanese as a language in school.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
sure dude, you wanna write in it? You can sell it at shows in Ohio , Heidi is gonna write in it, and I'll see about other people from around the country (and the world) writing in it. Because, MaximumRocknRoll has gone to ****. We need something new .

ok, this reply is about 5 pages late, but im from the lansing, MI area, and i'd be interested, as well.
\\\___/\|||Ethan|||/\___///
ok some bands from Lansing Area....

Hyperbole- On their national tour, go to www.ilovehyperbole.com for tour dates and loco's....
*great guys, kinda pop-punk, and a little hardcore emo.

Falling Forward- www.fallingforward.cjb.net
*mostly ska/punk, great band.

Red December- www.reddecember.cjb.net
*hardcore emo/punk...lots of screaming.

Jonesday- www.jonesday.cjb.net
*great guys in this band, pretty punk/emo....great parts and stuff.

Someday Soon- www.somedaysoon.cjb.net
*there was talk of this band breakin up, dont know for sure. Hardcore punk.

i'll add more later....
alright i got some more bands mofos

how about no- melodic punk band from cleveland, puts on a great show and covers misfits songs sometimes!! www.howaboutno.com

Trendy-once again a band for people who enjoy pop-punk, they put on a really energetic and loud performance over all goood and catchy **** www.trendypunks.com
Good Luck, have fun timetraveler!

There is a tradition in Nashville of using local community access cable for shameless self promotion. A band I know named the Groove Krickets made a show called 'Dave on the Loose' it's a narrative of a guy trying to break into the music business in Nashville, wrapped around local videos from the punk/altenitive/rock genres. One cool thing, community acces all over the country share with each other- Dave's been recognized on the street as far away as NYC! There's another one called 'The Bat Poet with Bad Boy Breeze' it is the stupidest thing I love; and another one with a mad scientist. Both of those feature both videos and bands in the studio. Do any of you cats ever use/see cable community access t.v.?
Just a fun idea I wanted to share.
My fanzine will be going into production soon, my girl Kat has written a review of a new local skatepark/venue named Rocketown, we met a punk girl named Shorty who is a great photographer and wants to help, I'm using a paraphrased version of my review of the fear show that I wrote for this forum, and I have several episodes of my comic'The Rhinestone Mines' ready.
When we have everything ready, we plan on the first edition being free-then we'll see what kind of feedback we get.
I wonder sometimes if my days of being in bands are over- the scene is still an important part of my life, I'm not happy unless I am involved.
here are some mid-tenn area bands I've senn lately that I thought were very good:
Oliver's Army
Pink Spiders
Five Foot Annie (How About No reminds me of them,thanks psychoscooter)
Entropy- so good that my daughter and I want to start an Entropy tribute band and we will call it 'The Second Law of Thermodynamics' haha
these are the ones I don't want to miss, the ones I went twice to see this month-
Scatter the Ashes,: http://www.scattertheashes.com
Attachments:
scattertheashes.jpg
now go play.
Last edited by pidevice at Feb 27, 2004,
Originally posted by timetraveller02
I'm gonna do a london tour:

The ballroom, the underworld, the garage, back to the ballroom... yeh

are you gonna be playing anytime between May 29 and June 13?

I'm gonna be in London from the 9th of June to the 13th. So anything you play on the nights of the 9th through 12th I could go see!

Other parts in England, I'll be, I'm not sure of the itenerary as of yet.
alrighty folks more bands, give some feedback on some of the bands ive posted please...

Seven Letter Diaries, great screamo heavy emotional and its got lots of screamage for you emo kids www.7ld.cjb.net also songs are avalaible at www.purevolume.com/sevenletterdiaries

Codie, this is a band i recently saw at a bowling alley, their from missouri and are more of the pop-punk persuasion, but damn good nonetheless www.codierock.com

One Fourth Awesome, screamo goodness another emotional band, they play great shows www.onefourthawesome.com and www.purevolume.com/onefourthawesome

s'all for now, tell me what you think
I like Codie Rock, I'm checking out 'Stuck' right now. I bet they would be great live.
I really liked How About No better, though it's a sort of similar sound.
now go play.
Originally posted by pidevice
I like Codie Rock, I'm checking out 'Stuck' right now. I bet they would be great live.
I really liked How About No better, though it's a sort of similar sound.

codie was great live, the guitarist was a really fun guy

i love how about no, they are really good, im gonna catch one of their shows on april 17th

EDIT: another good band, 31 days, they are just good.. they need no label, check them out at www.31daysrock.cjb.net Here some music at www.soundclick.com/31days or www.purevolume.com/31days
Last edited by pyschoscooter at Feb 28, 2004,
Is there anyone here from Newfoundland? cause thre is this awesome punk band called renfield 13. and they have some great tunes. their not really known that well, but their an awesome band.
I've heard of Red December before, has anyone here heard of Bottom line? Their From Cincinatti, and we have a few good bands here in Columbus too. Commonwealth, Bill Who? and a few others.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
Hey david, you still doing that zine? i might think of writing something for it if you are
everyone here at the Moronic Complex decided that the zine will have to wait untill fall for it to be effective. Although, one or two spring Issues might be a good idea.

I'll talk to all the printin' folk round these parts and get opinions.

everyone here at the Moronic Complex decided that the zine will have to wait untill fall for it to be effective. Although, one or two spring Issues might be a good idea.

I'll talk to all the printin' folk round these parts and get opinions.

I gotta Cleveland scene report whenever you want. Plus I can nail a quick interview with Chaotic Alliance and Curt DiGidio.

Just give me the word.

Oh, but do it over AIM.
I interviewed Scatter the Ashes and reviewed a recent show in the Nashvegas area; so, if you want an article on either, just drop me a line.
Kat
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
sorry to be a jerk about the zine, but could everyone wait untill around April 7 to submit stuff for a may issue.

My girlfriend just broke up with me, and she gives me **** about everything all day. She told alot of people that I beat her (which is false) so alot of people don't talk to me anymore that used to, so I'm having a hard time a school. I'm also having trouble finding motiviation for a lot of things, so I'm gonna try and motivate myself again.

I'm going to Texas for springbreak and things will hopefully get better after that. Hopefully this summer at Kutz I'll meet a nice girl or I'll meet someone in England.

Sorry about this... I'm just not doin so well.
hang in there whyvern. we love you.
on a similar note, the zine Kat and I are making has also pretty much gone on hiatus too. Organizing it took longer than I planned, now it's the busy season for both construction and Artisan fairs, my 2 main sources of income.
I feel your frustration, man.
now go play.
Originally posted by XQuickDeathX
I've heard of Red December before, has anyone here heard of Bottom line? Their From Cincinatti, and we have a few good bands here in Columbus too. Commonwealth, Bill Who? and a few others.

the red december from michigan? crazy. PM me back if thats who you're talkin bout.
sorry to be a jerk about the zine, but could everyone wait untill around April 7 to submit stuff for a may issue.

My girlfriend just broke up with me, and she gives me **** about everything all day. She told alot of people that I beat her (which is false) so alot of people don't talk to me anymore that used to, so I'm having a hard time a school. I'm also having trouble finding motiviation for a lot of things, so I'm gonna try and motivate myself again.

I'm going to Texas for springbreak and things will hopefully get better after that. Hopefully this summer at Kutz I'll meet a nice girl or I'll meet someone in England.

Sorry about this... I'm just not doin so well.

Don't worry dude. You can always move over here to California and you an dyour band can be the house band over at Zapp's Park and open up for us on our monthly shows at that little bar that we've kind of made our home at and started having regular punk shows there....(haha, like when you told me about Alabama, remember?)
Our CD comes out in a couple months. It'll be for sale on our site. It'll make you feel better!
Originally posted by Berlioz97
Don't worry dude. You can always move over here to California and you an dyour band can be the house band over at Zapp's Park and open up for us on our monthly shows at that little bar that we've kind of made our home at and started having regular punk shows there....(haha, like when you told me about Alabama, remember?)
Our CD comes out in a couple months. It'll be for sale on our site. It'll make you feel better!

yeah definetaly dude.

I can't wait to get that CD.

Hey Tarakany! is gonna try and do a US tour next summer or this summer, I don't know what their exact plans are, but the lead singer has mentioned stuff about it with me. How cool would it be if you guys played with them?