Page 5 of 26
dude, thats awesome, considering the fact that we've never played more than 20 minutes away from our houses. no, we've never played in fresno, we're still trying to get our **** together at home before we hit the road
Originally posted by descendent1
hey, my band is called the One-Armed Waiters and we're from Carmel, CA. its in like central CA. one and a half hours south of san jose. anyway, i dont have any venue names, we usually just play at some youth center or some place like that, but if any bands want to play with us, PM me and i can hook something up. we play pop punk, but not like good charlotte. more like descendents and screeching weasel. our site

next time someone does a compilation cd, let me know, cause our band would like to be on it.

dude, I'm putting a comp out soon!
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
a very good band from killeen is called Nikafittes...my friend alex plays bass and sings for em they are pretty good...if you like the exploited you'll love these guys.....(*killeen is next to fort hood an hour and a half north of the state capitol (Austin)*)
"i forgot....."
Originally posted by B-wiZe
you are? through moronic records im assuming?

well, I was, I'm kinda looking for bands to be on it now. I plan to release it in the Fall sometime.

Ya' know let the summer wave of bands come in!
I just hafta say...

Some rapper i know was talkin to me and he knows i skate and he's like "Oh yeah, you listen to 'skater' music"

I said "No, I listen to music that would make you cry!"
|_ | \/ 3 +[] |) | 3

.just wither away.real beauty is forever in you.
Thats cool

once I was talking to some hardcore kid and he had a bandana on his face and I was like "so dude whats with the bandana" and he was like "It makes me look like a cowboy"

so we had homo cowboy sex

It was hot
Last edited by sargasm at May 20, 2004,
Hey up here in canada, waterloo/kitchener/cambridge, in ontario, that big land mass across from detroit, the scene is awesome, off the top of my head some awesome bands are: the charge, revolver, war against amy, handheld, the code, asher, and this crazy band that no one likes but i think is cool : iron ***** face, theres a bunch of shows around i dont wana get the whole list and address but if someone from around here wants to add do it, albert macormic, the registry, the shwauben club, slc (u of w) and all sorts of other places put on good shows

Peace, Love, Empathy..... Kurt Co-bain
Courtney Killed Kurt
Ozzy Is god
Originally posted by whyvern
well, I was, I'm kinda looking for bands to be on it now. I plan to release it in the Fall sometime.

Ya' know let the summer wave of bands come in!

My band's recording this summer. So, if you don't still hate me, I'd like to be on this comp of yours. We're not really punk tho more like hard rock grunge kinda stuff but I think we'd fit in well. We're just not very fast or screamy. So just let me know the details about it if you'd let me be on it...

Originally posted by sargasm
Thats cool

once I was talking to some hardcore kid and he had a bandana on his face and I was like "so dude whats with the bandana" and he was like "It makes me look like a cowboy"

so we had homo cowboy sex

It was hot

BASTARD.. not one call.. not one e-mail.. not one message.. was I just some random cowboy hardcore kid to you???

*Cries*

although, it was really hot.
Originally posted by Berlioz97
Hey kids,

The Velisha's new full-length album "Last Soldier" comes out June 11th.

Check on our website and we should have it for sale on interpunk in a few weeks.

http://www.velisha.com

We are distributing it DIY biznatches through our own label "Punkrocklabel".

My band's first real gig is on June 11th. Anyways where can I get a copy of this?
You can't really judge what local scene is the best until you've been to dozens of them at least.

Plus different strokes for different folks.
i said biggest, not best. i dont think there is a 'best' DIY scene. if it is true DIY, then it's great.
DICK CHENEY

R.I.P.
Even so, I still think you can't really judge scenes until you've been to a lot of them. Whether the best or the biggest.
Most local scenes or DIY bands are just like bands on labels. Not good and not doing anything new. Doesn't mean some aren't talented. Being a talented band and being a good band are two different things.

Local scenes are interesting things to study. At least around my area growing up because you get such a wide variety of sounds and bands and after a while other bands influence other bands in the area and yeah i just find Local/DIY scenes hilarious. Because of these bands (like most bands in general) don't go anywhere and really the only DIY bands i can respect are the ones that didnt start their band to become famous. You would be suprised how many so called DIY bands actually just want money and fame. Because thats how we are. Thats how I started out when I first picked up a guitar. Then after a few years i figured out i actually liked making music - go figure......
Kensington Burglar Brigade= Good ska from my area.. fun and catchy music www.kbbska.com check those dudes and dudettes out
I dont want to know your name, i just want bang bang bang
Eurasia from Centerville, Ohio. They are jazz fusion-esk post-rock. They really have nothing to do with punk at all.
Everyone knows tha last toes are always the coldest to go.
A few pages back, I posted how punks here have been using community access cable for promotion; I found another example- The Creeping Cruds! They are affliated with a CAT channel show called Dr,Gangrene and they are awesome Misfits style horror punk. I've gone to see them twice now and will again as soon as I can.
All of them are fantastic musicians who really know how to put on a show.
Using cable access rocks, I'd love to do something like Dr.Gangrene's show which has music videos, film clips, and special guests.

here's Creeping Cruds' site:
http://creepingcruds.com/meetthecruds.htm
now go play.
Last edited by pidevice at Jul 5, 2004,
Ok well didn't read enough to see if anyone did SC,

Well New Brookland Tavern is probably the best venue in columbia

For Booking email Johnathan Dunagin at
info@newbrooklandtavern.com

it's located at
122 Gervais Str. West Columbia, SC

There is a new place opening that I'll get back to you about, but of course any places you can get down at the beach are great to play and have more draw than in columbia, and columbia's music scene is really lacking I promise. I'll get back with more when I get all the info
www.purevolume.com/johnnyfeverthefrantics
Johnny Fever & The Frantics rocking one garage at a time, in columbia SC atleast
Here's a Delaware venue

The Ground Floor
60 N. College Ave.
Newark DE 19711
(302)-368-2900
http://www.groundfloor.us

This place plays all kinds of rock, including punk. Now here's some Delaware bands.

The Defects
http://thedefects.cjb.net/

Clobbersaurus
http://www.clobbersaurus.com/

72 Inch Freedom
http://www.geocities.com/seventy2inchpunks/

The Radicals
http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/The_Radicals_are_****ing_dead/

Five Shot
I don't think they have a website.

I'll post more venues later.
for all you southerners:

this is in Huntsville, Alabama by the way.
whyvern didn't you say you know the guys in the Alabama Jihad?

And is that them in the picture with the masks?

And do you have a link to any site with mp3?
Hey lush have fun, it's the weekend...
Dman that sucks... the mp3's won't play.
Hey lush have fun, it's the weekend...

Another punk rock show for huntsville.

In this thread... please post flyers for local shows in your area.
^ Public Offence still play?

I saw them a few years ago... they were great... they're like Street-Psychobilly!
anyone know anything about north philadelphia scene? any small towns included. My bands really tryin to get involved but not finding anything
No Fun
Originally posted by whyvern
^ Public Offence still play?

I saw them a few years ago... they were great... they're like Street-Psychobilly!

here's the Word on that from the Cretin Grims guitarist:

'Its kinda tha same Public Offense. Bill from Random Conflict is in that band also. So he'll be playin on the 21st with RC, and then on tha 22nd with Public Offense'

2 old-school bands inbreeding sounds to me. happens a lot.
now go play.
Originally posted by pidevice
here's the Word on that from the Cretin Grims guitarist:

'Its kinda tha same Public Offense. Bill from Random Conflict is in that band also. So he'll be playin on the 21st with RC, and then on tha 22nd with Public Offense'

2 old-school bands inbreeding sounds to me. happens a lot.

yeah... my guitar teacher saw Random Conflict with their original lineup back in 1987 when they were huge in the Huntsville scene.