Page 1 of 2
Anyone got any good songs to play in drop D? I allready got some of the Audioslave/RATM stuff
Anything off Trivium's 'Ascendancy' album, and try some Alice in Chains.
There's tonnes fo great stuff out there
ohai little sig.
Avenged Sevenfold and Lamb of God (i don't know why those are the only two bands that come to my head atm.)
I'm assuming you have a 4 string. Try Mudshovel by Staind and Pure Massacre by Silverchair. Also, anything by Godsmack.
My Gear:
Godin BG V and BG IV
GK 1001RB w/ 4x10 RBH
Palatino Upright
Ibanez Talman Artcore
Godin LG
Washburn Acoustic
Godin Classical
Traynor YCV80

Yeah i have a 4-string. is there anything not really metal but more punk/alternative?
Tool has a lot of stuff in Drop D
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Tool.

Or the Chilis do some, try Power of Equality, If You Have To Ask or Naked In The Rain.
rammstein, cannibal corpse, mayhem, system of a down, any other death metal band
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by Forced In
Tool.

Or the Chilis do some, try Power of Equality, If You Have To Ask or Naked In The Rain.

Trying to play Power of Equality felt like a blind date gone wrong.

I havent tried since... songs just way too beastly for the likes of me. I prefer Sir Psycho Sexy, especially the ending, and Mellowship Slinky In B Major
Velvet Revolver - Slither
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
FYI -not looking for songs by any death metal/screamo bands. hardcore is alright tho
By the Way
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

Hyper Music and New Born by Muse
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by smily_mike
Anyone got any good songs to play in drop D?
Quote by uhohitizallen
Linkin Park has alot of Dropped D's.

Now with my nooby imperialist attitude out of the way, I'd second the "By The Way" and maybe some Sum 41 songs?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by bassman10101
rammstein, cannibal corpse, mayhem, system of a down, any other death metal band

The only DM band in that list is CC...

Anyways, Tool is a must.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Tool is a must.

+1

Sober is easy
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Coheed and Cambria have some great songs in drop-D. The list includes 'Time Consumer' 'Delirium Trigger' and '21:13'. There is some debate over whether the bassline for 'Everything Evil' is played in drop-D too but check it out anyway.

The Used only play in drop-D. I'd recommend 'Take It Away' 'I'm A Fake' and 'Listening'

I'll also second Muse and Billy Talent. Good songs to try from both bands are 'Hyper Music', 'Stockholm Syndrome' and 'Plug in Baby' by Muse. For Billy Talent I'd recommend 'Where is the Line?', and 'Devil in a Midnight Mass'

Also, I'll second checking out some of Avenged Sevenfold's basslines. Surprisingly groovey and bluesey when it's not just root notes.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Quote by bassman10101

cannibal corpse don't play in drop D, the bass is on a 5 string
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by bassman10101

But, you should definately try some tool stuff.
Animal I Have Become by Three Day's Grace
Whitest Kid U' Know of the Bass Militia
PM Dinky Daisy to join

Originally posted by Civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.
+A Million for Tool.

Justin Chancellor is a fantastic bassist. Schism was the first thing I taught myself to play the first night I brought my first bass guitar home, oh, six or so years ago. Not to get off topic here, but I recently saw Tool in St. Louis, and it's inspired me to pick up music again after a year-long hiatus.

Back on topic...

Tool has a lot of stuff in drop-d, esp. off of Ænima (46+Two comes to mind right away). Somebody else already mentioned Sober as well. Actually, a lot of their older stuff is in Dmin, so you can drop your E down to a D, and play around in a lower octave in Dmin. Interesting things might happen.

Also, Rammstein was mentioned a few times. +1 for their stuff. Most of it's really, really easy to play. I think the lead guitar section of Du Hast involves about three powerchords in Drop-D (seriously). Can't remember how the bass goes for that song. Check out their two newest albums, "Reise, Reise" and "Rosenrot". It's rumored that they have a new studio release coming out very soon.

Getting a little off topic again, but something every bassist should try: Seemann off of Rammstein's first album, Herzeleid, is a good workout at full speed. Definitely check it out.

All for now,

Phil
avenged sevenfold, most of the stuff off of waking the fallen, although some is in drop c?

some of the older stuff by thrice is in drop d, might be worth learning if you like them? and i guess things like funeral for a friend if you like them too? too tired to think of any more atm
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
Switchfoot.

i think almost everything on "Nothing Is Sound" is all in drop D. There are some pretty awesome lines in there ("Stars")
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
muse have some songs in drop d. hysteria is a good one to learn.
except that Hysteria isn't in drop D...

like the others said, try some Rage Against The Machine, alot of their stuff is really fun to play. A couple of Foo Fighters songs are in drop D too, have a look at them.
SOAD are in drop C

Anyways..

Most of RATMs songs (to my knowlage) are in DropD
Try some later Pink Floyd, mainly stuff off The Wall(Another Brick part 2, Run Like Hell). Roger Waters(who I saw live last Monday and it was awesome) uses Drop D fairly often.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
TOOL fo' sho!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
SOAD. Drop C, but it's still the shape of Drop D nonetheless.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
isnt a lot of the killers new album, if not all of it in drop D? or i know fo' sho' that at least a couple of their songs are as i was looking at them today
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
Take the Power Back by Rage Against the Machine. Awesome song.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Rage probably has some of the best riffs out there.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

Page 1 of 2